Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WGI Fun one, 08/18, 08/19

Default WGI Fun one, 08/18, 08/19

http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...ount.asp?ID=112
    So who else is going? I haven't been there in about four years so I am really looking forward to this. Such a great track. If anyone is hoteling it, book it now. There is some wine tasting thang going on at the winery up there that weekend and all the really close hotels are already booked up. See you all there.
    Ray

Correct dates- 09/18-09/19

[This message has been edited by moto62 (edited September 08, 2004).]

Ray, see you there. What a great race weekend. dave

I'll be there - this event is a blast.

------------------
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITS RX7
    BigSpeed Racing
    [email protected]
    NNJR

I'm there. Looks like an interesting ITS field!!!!
    john costello

I was going to go just for sunday on my way out to the valvoline runnoffs but 225 for a one day is a little much for me and you can't leave your rig at the track for the week. I've heard it is one of the best races at the glen all year with lot's of cars. Good luck to all and enjoy! The long track is my favorite track that I have run on with Tremblant a close second. The short track is the most boring track I've run at but that's because I have an ITB car.... only 1 hard braking zone then a lite braking zone for the chicane (Which I love) then back around to do it again. Oh ya I do lift at the left hander before the front straight.

Oh ya Ray If you get the chance go early or stay late and visit some wineries! They have great wine throughout the fingerlakes!

Have fun at the "Fun One"!
    Stephen

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    The long track is my favorite track that I have run on with Tremblant a close second. The short track is the most boring track I've run at but that's because I have an ITB car.... only 1 hard braking zone then a lite braking zone for the chicane (Which I love) then back around to do it again.
    Most people seem to like the long course but I actually prefer the short course. It's just fast and furious. Like a giant Lime Rock Park. The boot never excited me and in my opinion, it's just there to use up your car.

Oh ya Ray If you get the chance go early or stay late and visit some wineries! They have great wine throughout the fingerlakes!
    Have fun at the "Fun One"!
    Stephen
    I'm not a big wine person unless they can come up with one that tastes like beer
    Ray

Ray-

I agree with you,l I love the short course... stephen just can't handle it I think... The left hander scares him...

Anyway if you are interested in a good place that is a viniard and a BREWERY go to Wagner Vineyards. Great BEER and great wine. A tasting of both will cause a recomended delay before driving the rig. Great cafe as well for some afternoon lunch. I did it last year and had a blast... great views of the lake as well.

http://www.wagnervineyards.com/

Raymond

What is the deal with leaving your trailer at the track?

I think I will be showing up late thursday like 10-12 midnight. Will they let me in the track?

I am going to sleep at the track. Like I do at LRP and NHIS.

Will this be a problem?

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">What is the deal with leaving your trailer at the track?</font>
    He's talking about driving to the event and competing, then leaving his trailer there to continue on to Mid-Ohio for the Runoffs (as a spectator/crew), returning in a week to grab the trailer on the way home.

Camping and early arrivals are usually welcomed, but I suggest you call ahead on the Thursday arrival.

SCCA & 'Test Day' Registration will not open until 6am on Friday. WGI will not allow us into the facility prior to that.

You may leave trailers in the gravel field behind the main Registration area, before and after the weekend. It's not within a fence, and not guarded, but there are usually people in motorhomes camping up there, waiting for Registration to open, so it is somewhat secure.

Do they have showers at the Glen?

By the way..the long course rocks.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Originally posted by lateapex911:

It's a little early for a weather forecast.

Originally posted by JohnRW:
    It's a little early for a weather forecast.
    Bwahhhhhh! That's a good one.

Not since the last time I was there. Check your email for hotel info as far as where we're staying etc.
    Ray

Originally posted by JohnRW:
    SCCA & 'Test Day' Registration will not open until 6am on Friday. WGI will not allow us into the facility prior to that.

You may leave trailers in the gravel field behind the main Registration area, before and after the weekend. It's not within a fence, and not guarded, but there are usually people in motorhomes camping up there, waiting for Registration to open, so it is somewhat secure.

GregA... exactly what I meant.

John, Can you leave a rig the entire week? I would be leaving it sunday afternoon until the following sunday evening.

Stephen

Long term storage at the Glen?--Not likely!

stephen. i think you would be better off finding a local racer that could spare a parking spot for the week

John, Can you leave a rig the entire week? I would be leaving it sunday afternoon until the following sunday evening.

Stephen
    WGI doesn't seem to have any trouble with people leaving trailers and cars in the field behind the Registration building. Security and the folks at the main gate have been telling early-arrivers to put their stuff up there for years. There as been a 40' trailer up there for the last 2 weeks that hasn't moved.

Like I said...it's not inside the track grounds, and it's not 'restricted' or 'guarded' in any way. If you have a hitch lock, you'll be fine. You could call the track and ask, but that just gives somebody the opportunity to say "no" - (607) 535 2486

does anyone know the limit for the number of cars in a run group?
    john costello

Originally posted by jcmotorsports:
    does anyone know the limit for the number of cars in a run group?
    john costello
    John, Seems like I remmeber 66 to 68 last year in our group ITA Miata, and others. Firehawk Started 139 in one 24 Hour but doubt that will be approached for this race

------------------
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1980 RX-7 ITA #63
    "Hemi Haulin' Rotary"

By the way..the long course rocks.

Jake, No Showers yet have completed the Flush Johns and water systems. Showers are on the agenda. I know that the stae park has Showers available in the camping areas. Not far from track.