Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who won ? A B C S

Nick,
    I didn't mean to drag you into this. Looking back at it, I was totally freaked that I had taken you out of the race! I just wanted to get the hell out of your way!! I'm glad we can laugh about it now!! You are certainly not one of the drivers I talked about in my previous post. You have passed me many times and have always (except for once ) done it safely and smartly (if smartly is a word.....).

However, as I mentioned before (and this does not include the top 3-5 cars in ITS) there are fast cars that scare the crap out of me because they will attempt to pass even if they are out of position to do so.........

Again, I think it makes for a better IT community in NER if we try to politely discuss it after the race or in an e-mail as opposed to harpooning on this site. (I've learned from experience......)

------------------
    Jeff L
    #74 ITB GTi

Jeff - You have to able to find the driver you would like to speak with, and Saturday the one driver who needed to be spoken with by the stewards and pther drivers is MIA, they took the quick road out. Funny thing I was warned about the very same driver just prior to the race, as a guy who drives over their head and spins frequently.
    I have made my fair share of mistakes over the years and have been spoken with on and off line. We are big boys asnd girls and I feel this thread had been a good learning expereince for me. I think if we are careful about how we point out each others mistakes in this forum hopefully we won't offend eacj other and the learning can continue.
    On a personal note, if I have offended anyone in this thread or previous threads I apologize as that was not my intention.

Tim Klvana
    ITC #11
    2002 NEERC Champion
    2003 NARRC Champion

If you can’t find the driver at that race, then I would simply suggest trying to locate them the next race. Maybe the person doesn’t even realize that they are doing anything wrong. Sometimes it isn’t such a bad thing if the discussion waits until the next event anyway. There have been times I wanted to “talk” to other drivers but smartly realized I was still a bit too pissed off to have a meaningful conversation with the driver at that time.

“I think if we are careful about how we point out each others mistakes in this forum hopefully we won’t offend each other and the learning can continue.”

This is definitely true and I personally don’t have an issue if brought up properly. But then again I occasionally (well, maybe more then that) browse this thread as do some of my friends. In this case, no big deal. If I was doing something wrong, I would still rather discuss it offline wheither it be in person or via e-mail. Everyone has to remember that there are many people that do not browse this forum. I personally would be pretty pissed if someone was talking about me essentially behind my back in an open public forum. This only adds fuel to the issue and resolves nothing. (This is really being said as a general comment)

In my opinion, it would be very helpful to us all if there was a bit more grooming of new drivers. This could be addressed in a few ways. I’ve seen too many new drivers not utilize HPDEs and go directly to SCCA racing. They think they will learn everything through the SCCA schools. I remember the first HPDE I did. The instructor told me to look up at my mirror and watch the corner workers. What, is he crazy? I really needed to focus other things. And this certainly doesn’t apply just to me. I’m now on the other side of the fence and instruct at HPDEs and see this reaction all the time. Now everything is second nature and I process the information much, much quicker. Think of the person that does not fully (or not at all) utilize HPDEs and what is happening – input overload. Is it that person’s fault? I guess it depends on how you look at things. There should be a bigger push to utilize HPDEs. They are an excellent learning tool and provide tons of seat time and instruction.

I’ve also always felt that there should be a mentor program for new drivers. Heck, if a driver had an issue with a newer driver they could even speak with the mentor about their concerns.

Em – what ITA car do you drive? It’s always nice to put a face to a name. (I drive a bright yellow prelude)

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

Dave - I agree with your points especially the mentor program. I drive ITC #11 the Yellow CRX
    Tim Klvana

Another reason to have an impound all... match faces with cars so you can either talk (respectfully) in impound or later in the day when you see them wondering the pits.

Raymond "I always go to impound, why don't you" Blethen

Hey Guys I liek the mentor idea. I also think that 2 SCCA schools really isnt enough. I did a lot of BMW club driver schools before i started racing. And even though they are not race oriented, there was a lot of emphasis on being heads up, aware of flags, flagging stations, other drivers, etc.....maybe we should try to put something together?? Might save us all some dents and make our race weekends better. Who needs to finish a race thinking "man that sucked, this guy clipped me, and that guy blew a yellow, etc..." It should be fun and safe.

Originally posted by lewllewellyn:
    The Honda Civic ITA that finished in 2nd place set a new lap record, I am pretty sure. The leaders tires were probably going away at the finish,

It will be a while before the results are final. One of the 2 protests in ITA could not be completed as one of the parties had left the track. However, it will be completed via telephone, e-mail or other correspondence.

There was some really good racing in all the IT classes. The ITB race was really close and clean! Side by side for most of the race with little contact! Thanks to ALL in that Group!

Considering that 272 cars started 10 Race Groups, the Event went Pretty Well from an Operation standpoint. The metal-to-metal was reduced, but still more that we would like to see. However, if we ALL continue to work together, it will be better!

Thanks to all those who attended!!

Lew Llewellyn
    Chief Steward
    Lew
    Are the reults final yet. I was looking for a copy of the "Final Results" sheets on line. Need those for contingency Hoosier Tire Money.

Tim Klvana
    ITC #11