Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who won ? A B C S

Default Who won ? A B C S

I`m a wondering. Help out a guy who had to work and couldnt go out to play.
    Scott CRX ITA 09 NER

Here is what I recall...

ITS - Henderson by a mile!
    ITA - Serra
    ITB - Carlson
    ITC - ?

Did I remember correctly?

Thanks.

Details! Details, please!

Quick ITS update:

Leverone on pole, then 5 BMW's. Autotechnic guys were fast and Ed Tisdale qualified great.

Nick lead the first lap and spun by himself in Big Bend under awesome pressure from Hendo. They were less that 6 inches apart down the front straight.

Nick battled back and set a new track record (1:00.8) in the process. Got caught up in some more carnage then got taken out at the entrance of West Bend.

Henderson and Driscoll drove clean, avoided the 'issues' and went 1-2 going away.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    ITS RX-7 & Spec Miata 1.6
    New England Region R188967
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

[This message has been edited by ITSRX7 (edited August 08, 2004).]

One-flat in the Mazda? I can't wrap my brain around that. That's what I call gettin' down with the Program!

Great job Nick.

Steve O.

If anybody has ITA results I'd like to see them, couldn't make the event, so I am pretty curious.

With two protests in ITA I'm not sure when the final results will be. But I will tell you this, there looks to be a new LRP ITA track record - and Anthony didn't set it!

Here's a couple of short vids from my perspective in ITA:

http://www.racerjake.com/Video_files/LRPRX7.wmv
    http://www.racerjake.com/Video_files/smoke.wmv

ITA was much closer than I thought it was going to be...

Serra to be expected starting walking away from yhe field early on and at half way was probably leading by a good 20 seconds to 2nd and third I don't recall being closer than 30 seconds.

By the end of the race however an ITA CRX with Hawthorne behind the wheel closed up on Serra by the end of the race within say 2 seconds at the finish. Hew was just flying! I am not sure if Serra was just cruising or if it was his tires going away.

I do recall Serra's qual time of 1:02.3 and nobody else in the 1:02's.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    ITS RX-7 & Spec Miata 1.6 (ITA project)

Originally posted by Jake:
    With two protests in ITA I'm not sure when the final results will be. But I will tell you this, there looks to be a new LRP ITA track record - and Anthony didn't set it!

Here's a couple of short vids from my perspective in ITA:

http://www.racerjake.com/Video_files/LRPRX7.wmv
    http://www.racerjake.com/Video_files/smoke.wmv
    Oh stop you have got to be kidding... Shaine sleeps all year long and comes out and pounds out 102's. I know how hard it is to crack into the 102's with my legal crx, and I have been at this for a long time. Unfortunatly this is bringing ITA into a very dangerous position.

The Honda Civic ITA that finished in 2nd place set a new lap record, I am pretty sure. The leaders tires were probably going away at the finish,

It will be a while before the results are final. One of the 2 protests in ITA could not be completed as one of the parties had left the track. However, it will be completed via telephone, e-mail or other correspondence.

There was some really good racing in all the IT classes. The ITB race was really close and clean! Side by side for most of the race with little contact! Thanks to ALL in that Group!

Considering that 272 cars started 10 Race Groups, the Event went Pretty Well from an Operation standpoint. The metal-to-metal was reduced, but still more that we would like to see. However, if we ALL continue to work together, it will be better!

Thanks to all those who attended!!

Lew Llewellyn
    Chief Steward

Originally posted by Tom Blaney:
    Unfortunatly this is bringing ITA into a very dangerous position.
    What position would that be?

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt

Originally posted by ITSRX7:
    What position would that be?

AB

Where everybody who is fast is perceived as cheating and it goes from being fun to being a bitch fest....

After a long wait for the last race, I was very unhappy yesterday, first I missed all the normal regular drivers, including Tom, there is some real poor driving manners out there, lots of chopping, passing flags? what is that?, metal to metal resulting in damaged cars, Grant looked very upset yesterday, I had a lapped car totally chop me off in west bend on the last lap, ( you know who you are and you are very lucky that you didn't end up putting me in the hospital,with Shane in tow we probably would have ended losing both of our cars. I was in cruise control and my tires were not going away, I just drove my race. Shane picked up some speed from friday's qualifing of a 1:03.7 to a 1:02 flat on Saturday, good job for you, I guess your car has quite a bit of reserve or you were real motivated to catch me. I hope everyone comes to the NARRC runoff's. It should be real intersting.

------------------
    Anthony Serra ITA 99

ITC honors went to Tim Klavana...I had a real fun time picking my way through the field trying to chase him down. I was pushing hard all race and had the Rabbit "hopping" all over..I got into some dirt on the outside of turn 2 after getting the lead, and that ended my race. I just tried to put in some good times at the end as Tim had a huge lead and the laps were running out. I managed to finsh second and third went to Fred...See ya in Oct. for the Runoffs....

John VanDenburgh
    ITC Rabbit 05

What a great weekend for me!!! The Red Audi Finally went, I improved 2 seconds a lap since my last visit...

My Brother led the first 7 or 8 laps then Scott was able to sneak past and I followed in pursuit... We all ran 2 wide on every turn of the track for the first half of the race (Obviously Scott was having a bit of difficulty as I had to keep helping out the bro ). The SM guys were great, almost the same speeds. We even were mixing it up with the leaders of the class a bit. Definitely a good race J Stephen got punted off going onto no-name at about lap 15. That left Scott and me upfront and alone. A few lap cars held their line that slowed me up a bit and Scott was able to build up a good lead in the last 5 laps.

I watched the video above by racerjake... I think that is you in the MR2. I would take that video of you punting the blue RX-7 off the net as it shows everyone your guilty. There was plenty of room for you at the bottom of the track (if you followed in line with the car that got past you on the inside). Instead you held the blue RX7 out to dry with no track room left on the outside??? Why???

In IT racing it is obvious that there will be some contact, minimal is best. We are actually racing and sometimes a little rubbing will happen. I feel the mirrors should be touching at all times, but nothing else!!! The issue for me is not rubbing but when someone doesn't leave you track room and actually puts someone at risk of injury to themselves or someone else. A bump where everyone stays on the pavement and going the same direction is a pain in the but when you get home and have to fix it, but a bump off the track is totally unacceptable.

Use your head and stay safe, I know every track in the northeast will fit 2 cars wide on every turn at speed.

Raymond "I finally beat my bro!!!" Blethen

Thanks again to all the workers for a good weekend!!! Very well run event

------------------

RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com
    1st and 2nd 2003 ITB NARRC Championship
    1st and 6th 2003 ITB NERRC Championship
    3rd 2003 ITB ARRC Sprint Race
    4th 2003 ITB ARRC Endoro
    1st 2003 AS NERRC and NARRC Championships

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    I watched the video above by racerjake... I think that is you in the MR2. I would take that video of you punting the blue RX-7 off the net as it shows everyone your guilty. There was plenty of room for you at the bottom of the track (if you followed in line with the car that got past you on the inside). Instead you held the blue RX7 out to dry with no track room left on the outside??? Why???
    Ray - first of all, your race was the best one of the day. Awesome driving! I had a blast watching you guys.

Second, what the video doesn't show is that Grant (the blue RX7) got hit from the rear from a third car which spun him into me. (that third car was is the one that is being protested - not me) Me and Grant were going around big bend together - and there was plenty of room for both of us on either side. I don't blame you for coming the wrong conclusion - it's my fault for putting the vid out there without the explaination. It's very hard to figure out what's going on from the video clip - but if you look closely, you can see that I held my line, but at one point the RX7 adjusts his line into my path. This is when he was hit from behind and began to spin.

I'm just glad that Grant didn't get hurt. We've gone door to door with each other many times and have always laughed about it afterwards. No he wasn't laughing this time, but it wasn't because of my MR2.

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited August 08, 2004).]

BTW - I didn't take the videos down, but my host is a bit flakey. If the previous ones don't work anymore try these links:

http://home.comcast.net/~fishja/Video_files/LRPRX7.wmv
    http://home.comcast.net/~fishja/Video_files/smoke.wmv

FWIW, Grant's a friend of mine and we were looking forward to a good race. If I could have done anything at all to avoid his car spinning into me, believe me I would have.

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited August 08, 2004).]

BTW: Nice to meet Jake and Dave Gran on Saturday.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt