Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: John Stim Memorial Regional 6/19/2004 MoHu LRP

Group 6 now has 47 cars registered. Can anyone say NINE race groups? If it turns out that way again, I will graciously bow out and save my $200 to do battle some other day.
    Ray

No SRX-7's ???

Ramond

Originally posted by moto62:
    Group 6 now has 47 cars registered. Can anyone say NINE race groups? If it turns out that way again, I will graciously bow out and save my $200 to do battle some other day.
    Ray
    47 cars!!??!!?? 24 ITA!!??!??

Damn It, where is my motor? Oh, here it is.

Jeremy

Raymond

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">No SRX-7's ??? </font>
    SRX7 is primarily a DC Region class. MARRS 4 is the following weekend so it is unlikely that they will venture up to Lime Rock. Too bad.

Terry

Originally posted by 7racing:
    47 cars!!??!!?? 24 ITA!!??!??

Damn It, where is my motor? Oh, here it is.

Jeremy

Your gonna need more than a motor bucco, brass ones and bondo......

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    No SRX-7's ???

Ramond
    yea, ain't gonna happen...I have never seen one at any track I've run (Pococno, WGI, LRP, NHIS)
    except Road Atlanta...at the ARRCs

You're stuck with us IT-7 guys...except we don't have that class, so we are ITA.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...except we don't have that class, so we are ITA.</font>
    I don't know the whole deal, but...since SRX7 is a regional-specified class, and no one seems to be entering it, and it's on the docket, why don't you ITA/7 guys get together and CALL yourselves SRX7, enter as SRX7, and have yourselves a SRX7 race? If you're the only ones to enter, who's gonna protest you...?

Well, a couple of things...

For one, the cars are, I think, pretty different. I think the SRX-7s run on narrower rims and headers aren't kosher...two BIG things. Running an ITA RX-7 as an SRX-7 would be misleading when the results are looked at. Kind of like finding out on the QT later that a certain car set a record, but was illegal.

And as far as I'm concerned, we're IT-7s, and ITA cars, so that's just where we belong.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited June 14, 2004).]

Originally posted by lateapex911:
    Well, a couple of things...

For one, the cars are, I think, pretty different. I think the SRX-7s run on narrower rims and headers aren't kosher...two BIG things.
    I thought that the SRX7 rules were different in different parts of the country. The DC rules are pretty much SS cars, while out west I believe they are more IT7 like in their rules. Which SRX7 rules are being used for this weekend?

Originally by Tom Blaney:
    Your gonna need more than a motor bucco, brass ones and bondo......
    Heh. Bondo is easy. As for brass ones...that's why I bought the bigger truck. Needed something to carry them around in.

[This message has been edited by 7racing (edited June 15, 2004).]

SRX7 is basically 83 ss rules in DC region, Out west theyre 83SS rules EXCEPT: Different carbs & headers ithink Need to call our back pocket out of region steward for confirmation. Jeremy,s correct thou. All the balls are in the truck.HA HA. All the bondos in my soon to be re-released RX7. Im going for the trophy Jake. Its gonna be between you & me till the Chee Man gets done. The miata may actually leave the country all together,deal in the makeing...
    Why dont we have an offical IT7 class in the northeast. Then the top 3-5 can go kick some rebel butt in atlanta in 2005. Jake,you quallified well against those guys with no track time. Hmmmm
    just a thought Dan

Originally posted by Dano77:
    SRX7 is basically 83 ss rules in DC region, Out west theyre 83SS rules EXCEPT: Different carbs & headers ithink Need to call our back pocket out of region steward for confirmation. Jeremy,s correct thou. All the balls are in the truck.HA HA. All the bondos in my soon to be re-released RX7. Im going for the trophy Jake. Its gonna be between you & me till the Chee Man gets done. The miata may actually leave the country all together,deal in the makeing...
    Why dont we have an offical IT7 class in the northeast. Then the top 3-5 can go kick some rebel butt in atlanta in 2005. Jake,you quallified well against those guys with no track time. Hmmmm
    just a thought Dan
    More like 12 thoughts!

Well, the IT-7 thing...we've discussed it numerous times, but the numbers aren't there at some events, but OK at others. At this point, it's a no go for this year. And the whole IT world is up in the air until the BOD votes on all the PCA and inter-class moves in August. At that point we can take a look and see where the RX-7 lands vis a vis the ITA big dogs, or in another class.

(my feeling is not good at this point. Too many guys are saying "the RX-7s win where I run"....which may be true, but I am unsure how valid those wins actually are. [trust me, if someone out there has the RX-7 dialed in enough to run withe the fast big dogs (Fowler, Serra to start), I would LOVE for him to not tell me how he did it, but what were we are all doing wrong])!

IF it continues to be a ITA backmarker, then we can discuss the validity of requesting an IT-7 class be added to the mix. I hope it doesn't come to that...

I look forward to your new 7, bring it on! (But make sure its an ITA RX-7, not an ITA/EP, or ITA/GT3 RX-7... )

And it's not just you and me...last year Norm Latulippe turned some good times, and the 2 Ds are getting down there as well. And Grant has clearly stepped it up as well. Lou's been driving a broken car, he will be a new man too.

And we don't need an IT-7 class here to play in Atlanta.... sounds like your car will be ready...mark your calender...and no "I'm getting married" excuses! LOL, just kiddin' Jamie!

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

That actually is a pretty good idea.

No, wait, that's a terrible idea! You RX7 guys aren't going to leave me in ITA?!? First Dave leaves then this? Can MR2's run in SRX7?

Was this thread intended for RX-7s come on guys. See you all on Friday. An ex RX-7 racer dave

I can't wait for the John Stim RX7 Regional! Whoops! Looking at the numbers, at this point a single Miata group would have worked better than the ITA/SM supergroup of 47 we have now. Does this mean ITA runs alone in 6a or do the slow people get booted out?

Originally posted by Jake:
    I can't wait for the John Stim RX7 Regional! Whoops! Looking at the numbers, at this point a single Miata group would have worked better than the ITA/SM supergroup of 47 we have now. Does this mean ITA runs alone in 6a or do the slow people get booted out?
    I would guess that they would split this group into 6A (ITA) and 6B (SM). I put them in that order because they are listed in that order on the supps.

Group 5 is also a problem at 42 right now but I am willing to bet that will shrink with some now-shows to an acceptable level...

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to re-shuffle the groups to make it better. The Historic class is the one that is gunking up the works with an under-twenty session. However, I would think that run-group represents additional dollars to the MoHud.

We are getting to the point were the Regional Comp Boards will have some soul-searching to do this off-season. It looks like IT racing is at an all-time high in the Northeast and with 1 1/2 mile tracks like LRP and NHIS to run on, there just isn't enough room.

BTW - Look here for SRX-7: www.rx7-miata.com/srx7/srx7main.html

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

[This message has been edited by ITSRX7 (edited June 16, 2004).]

Originally posted by ITSRX7:
    I would guess that they would split this group into 6A (ITA) and 6B (SM).
    AB
    I there any possible way of finding out this info before we troop it up to the Rock on Fri?
    Ray

I doubt it. My assumption above has already had other alternatives poised.

I have heard that there may be a split qualify and then a consolation race for the back of the pack instead of splitting the run group. To me, this is strange because you would have to have two different run groups to accomplish this, no?

Anyway, I plan on going and having a good time either way. The Region will do what it thinks is best, especially givin the first event up there this year.

Like I said above, the Regional Comp Boards will have some soul-searching to do this winter.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Consolation race? Not so sure I like that idea. Being a mid-pack driver, it would stink to be one of the last cars in the "main" race. But I guess it could be pretty cool being more towards the front of the consolation race.

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

Bad news for me - shop put my rebuilt motor in the #33 RX7 and it wouldn't rev over 7K. Old Ianetti seals were no good so I'm dropping the big $$ for new.

Does anybody have an ITS car for rent for LRP?

Cheers,

------------------
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITS RX7
    BigSpeed Racing
    [email protected]
    NNJR

is it safe to assume that the schedule listed above is correct? I just may head down tomorrow to shoot the race. Looks to be plenty of cars coming=action

------------------
    Doug
    NER.org
    the16v.com
    briansgarage.com