Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Stim Memorial Regional 6/19/2004 MoHu LRP

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    We should be able to create any class we want with any rules. This is exactly what the Spec miata guys did. I should even be able to make an Audi class with it's own rules If I could promise at least 6 cars. Thats all the sm guys did. It doesn't really matter to me but someone like Gregg or any of the other IT2 guys or even the IT lite guys might want the class. Jsut a thought. Everyone always wnats a class between ITS and ITA so why don't we just make one. IT shouldn;t be that hard as long as we make some clear rules. SM basically took SS rules with some mods we can tkae IT rules with some mods. Easy as that. Like I said it doesn't benifit me in anyway I was jsut kinda wondering why we never did this before.

Stephen
    We can and should make classes that people will drive in. The reason nobody has asked - I bet there is little to no demand. With the changes the SCCA is making, it should be moot. My point was that IT2 isn't the solution we need - all IMHO.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

[This message has been edited by ITSRX7 (edited June 08, 2004).]

Originally posted by ITSRX7:
    We can and should make classes that people will drive in. The reason nobody has asked - I bet there is little to no demand. With the changes the SCCA is making, it should be moot. My point was that IT2 isn't the solution we need - all IMHO.

AB

I agree. We should stick to what they are doing and have 4 classes for IT.

It's also probably good that SM is split into 2 so everyone can race and by having SSM you have that stepping stone to SM.

I still wish some SRX-7 cars would show so that I can see how fast I am compaired to them. My goal is to reach the 4's. Last year I was at a 105.01 which was ohhhh so close!

On another note. I met a guy that has created a tool to measure bore, stroke, and CC within .001% and the best part is that all you need to do is remove the spark plug! do you think such a tool would be benificial for NER so we have a simple tool to check legality amongst us? Could I provide it for tech so then they just have it a mandatory top 3 thing or do I need to protest the others to have them checked?

Stephen

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    On another note. I met a guy that has created a tool to measure bore, stroke, and CC within .001% and the best part is that all you need to do is remove the spark plug! do you think such a tool would be benificial for NER so we have a simple tool to check legality amongst us? Could I provide it for tech so then they just have it a mandatory top 3 thing or do I need to protest the others to have them checked?

Stephen
    Stephen,

Some of us would love a tool like this to be available. The only issue is that it must be calibrated, certified and available for competitors to inspect. Do it!

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

I also don't think IT2 is right anymore with the recent IT changes. However, I could see ITA-LITE being used in NER for all us that aren't in the NEW ITA. ITA-LITE would be a S-RX7 + others for our region. We could include any ITA car that has more than 21 lbs for every stock HP it has. Call it the waiting list for ITB reclass!

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited June 08, 2004).]

I'll play in IT-lite for a year then...(hopefully no more)

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

Is there any way we can get special allowance from the head office to allow more cars on the track at a time? I've done EMRA races at LRP with up to 45 cars and have had a GREAT time. Seems like that kind of allowance may help our LRP situation. IMHO I'd MUCH prefer a 45 car field to a 20 car field ANY day.

Originally posted by Jake:
    As for the "You may have to run earlier" thing - that is expressly forbidden in the GCR.
    Jake, Where is it? I couldn't find it.

In any case, since the notice is in the supps, what is in the GCR does not matter.

The supps trump the GCR every time.

I believe what Jake is referring to is addressed in the "Stewards Operations Manual" or just the "Club Racing Operations Manual", rather than the GCR.

The folks charged with managing the schedule over a weekend can't take Group 8 and suddenly make it Group 1, which could result in many of those Group 8 guys watching their race from their sleeping bags. You can, however, gerrymander things so that you eliminate Groups 1-7, and create Groups 8-16 (with 9-16 being the former 1-7), accomplishing the same thing. The moral of the story: Never piss off a Steward.

Originally posted by Jake:
    Is there any way we can get special allowance from the head office to allow more cars on the track at a time? I've done EMRA races at LRP with up to 45 cars and have had a GREAT time. Seems like that kind of allowance may help our LRP situation. IMHO I'd MUCH prefer a 45 car field to a 20 car field ANY day.
    For the last NER regional at LRP I think they were allowing 42 car fields. They have a max of 40, I believe, and have to get permission to run more than that. SSM and SM were so much bigger so they ended up splitting up the groups to accomodate everyone. I would assume MoHud would do the same if a particular group is seriously oversubscribed.

steve

Originally posted by JohnRW:
    I believe what Jake is referring to is addressed in the "Stewards Operations Manual" or just the "Club Racing Operations Manual", rather than the GCR.
    If it's not in the GCR (and the spec books) or the Supps, it's not a rule, it's a reccomendation, at best.

Of course, we can have the stewards delaying the race for Race group 1 by an hour because Paul Newman was late getting to the track, can't we. :-(

Originally posted by stevel:
    For the last NER regional at LRP I think they were allowing 42 car fields. They have a max of 40, I believe, and have to get permission to run more than that. SSM and SM were so much bigger so they ended up splitting up the groups to accomodate everyone. I would assume MoHud would do the same if a particular group is seriously oversubscribed.

steve

We had to get permission to go over 38. The Exec Steward happened to be at the track, so getting it was easy. He granted permission to run 4 extra cars. (10%)

Newman!

Said in your best Seinfeld voice...

So, it wasn't the timing system?? And it wsan't the DMV...er I mean the state police who "forgot" it was on their schedule?

Hmmm...maybe next year we make GT-1 the third group.

In any event it was good to see the old guy braking past the three and scaring the tar out of AS drivers with his outside passes!

(But yes, a bad precedent, and we all know that the race wouldn't have waited for nearly any of us...)

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Well, we're over. 42 cars in group six, that is... I just registered and we now stand at 43. 24 ITA cars so far....

Interestingly, 113 of the 222 registered at this point at in the IT family. 39 Miatas, 20 ITS cars, 6 ITC cars, and 20 ITB cars!

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited June 12, 2004).]

Cool lots of cars and no yellows.
    I`m number 21. Hey jake I`ll race you in ITA lite. Have you put a new can of paint on the car?
    Scott CRX 09 ITA NER
    No the other Jake. Jake.
    P.S. how`s the cabinet? Jake

[This message has been edited by p99ro (edited June 12, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by p99ro (edited June 12, 2004).]

Yup - another expert application of Krylon Sunburst yellow over a set of fenders and a door fresh out of the junk yard! I've gone all out this time - I even used primer.

Scott, you already went ovet to the dark side - but I'll do my best to come after you anyway. You saw my super secret engine debut already last fall - the one from the junk yard that runs on ALL four cylinders! It's amazing what that does for a 1.6L.

Hondas are not legal for it-lite. It should be for carb cars & anything proven slower than my crappy RX7. They should also run on Mcreary Trak-Stars bought from Dans Raceing Service. No store bought parts either,go to the boneyard to shop. Or the motorsports isle of the local Home Depot. The car should also have style,say custom moulding removal,body line disappearence etc. American raceing gray is a legal & encouraged color. Dimpleing of front fenders for aero is allowed,as is duct tape 1/4 panels.
    All of my statements should be taken inb good humor.as I Will be back in a 7 running in the proposed IT Lite. See you all soon.
    Dan

Originally posted by Dano77:
    All of my statements should be taken inb good humor.as I Will be back in a 7 running in the proposed IT Lite. See you all soon.
    Dan
    Oh??? And when can we expect the debut of your new IT rotary beast??

Is the Miata sold? (And...why are you making the change?) (Inside info isn't good regarding the RX-7s competitive future....)

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

No Hondas in IT Lite? Oh! But I want to play. Jake was even nice enough to help me add very pretty yellow racers tape to the car to make sure I get in. Slow Hondas should be allowed. Just no CRXs.

Scott - IT Lite for you? Maybe we'll have to put you into IT Heavy.

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

IT Lite? CRXs? NO. Integras? NO. Qualudes? Sure! That Civic Dom has?? hmmmm...we have issues there!

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Originally posted by p99ro:
    ... Hey jake I`ll race you in ITA lite.
    Scott CRX 09 ITA NER
    Dude. You should be running with the ITA heavies. You can make your car faster by transferring some of the weight.....to your right foot

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Originally posted by Jake G.That Civic Dom has?? hmmmm...we have issues there!</font>
    Why even mention that car. It has a V-8 in it

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Originally posted by Dave(gran racing)Slow Hondas should be allowed.</font>
    There is no such thing as a slow honda