Steve,
I have a complaint! I relize that all of the workers are volunteers and believe me I thank god for each and every one of them and anyone who volunteers there time to benefit the club for that matter. But here's the deal:
I took the day off from work so that I could get my car to the track on Friday for an anual tech inspection, thinking that I would be helping to alieve the Saturday morning rush. I was in line promptly, before many of the student cars. After (2) hours When the inspector came to inspect my car, I requested that they take care of the student cars first as I was not there to mess up there day or schedule. (1) hour later, I was informed that my car would not be inspected and I would have to wait until
"Sometime this afternoon, and maybe we will look at cars for tommorrows race". Eventually (mid afternoon), my car was teched. My frustration is due to the fact that I was not immediately informed that my car would not be teched, (I should have kept my mouth shut and he would have taken care of it), and the incredibly slow process of watching 1 person slowly handle all of the cars. I suppose the work load may also explain the very rude responses from the person doing the work.(I was quite suprised by the whole thing). Then.....
After a wasted Friday our race consisted of a few laps at speed followed by a lovely tour of LRP while engines overheated. (Could there have been a red or black flag thrown while the track was cleaned up???)
Thanks to all who do such a great job for the club, I normally very impressed and I appreciate all the hard work.