Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pocono in May

Default Pocono in May

We are planning on attending the Pocono double in May. Does anyone have an in-car video of the track configuration we are going to run? This will be our first time on that track.

Who else is planning on making the trip?

Rob Driscoll
    Jeff Henderson

Auto Technic, LLC
    6 Danbury Road
    New Milford, CT. 06776
    www.autotechnic.net

I'll be there - and we should see John Costello in his fully tuned Mazda and John Grezyk who is finishing up his new motor on his Mazda (tough guy to beat at Pocono!)

John C - you got that thing making some HP now???

Cheers,

------------------
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITS RX7
    BigSpeed Racing
    [email protected]
    NNJR

Will be there for May race. Was down thurs the 22nd for test Day on north course to break-in our rebuilt motor. The Tunnel is MUCH more friendly to trailers since the Guard rails have been removed and the tunnel is now wider and higher. The Guard rails sure could leave some ugly gashes in the trailer.

------------------
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1980 RX-7 ITA #63
    "Hemi haulin' Rotary"

I have video from track days of the North and South Courses. What course will be run?

ben
    the car is much better!!!! i tested 2 weekends ago. i will have some special guest crew who should be able to put the finishing touches on the tuning of the car!!!!!
    john costello

John and Ben

As soon as I relearn how to drive a rear wheel car I should be with you guys. John you make enough power in that Rocket Ship and don't tell the guys how bad I was in my ITS RX7.

Hope all is well with all you guys.John is getting Married the week after POCONO so go easy on him, we want his wife to allow him out of the house.

------------------
    Love "the commander"
    Mike Cefalo
    BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN

We will be at Pocono with the Audi's... My question is about the chicane we will be running... Anyone know how much of a braking zone it is??? My experiences are with the "flat out" barriors half way down the streight... Not this chicane that actually takes us off the Nascar tri-oval and then back on...

I am sure the rest of the ITB field is hoping it will slow us down a lot so that our Audi top end speed wont give us such an advantage. While I am concerned about that I am more concerned with brake wear...

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing

go easy on him, we want his wife to allow him out of the house.

That's great news, John! Married life is where it's at - just gotta buy your gal more gifts so you can keep racing! (something about budget parity...)

Mike-great to hear you'll be back with ITS-should be a great event and it'll be fun to run with the Autotechnic guys - very fast bimmers. We'll have to prove that it's a myth they have the high end speed advantage!

(Although better torque and higher hp for straightaway speed...tough combo. I'll have to reconnect my propane fogger device-works like nitro!)

Cheers,

[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITS RX7
    BigSpeed Racing
    [email protected]
    NNJR

Raymond,

This was run at the Tri-region event last year. Heavy braking for a second gear corner (in IT. It is not so much a chicane as a very freakin' tight u-turn. Hate it.

Dave Z

Darn... That sucks...

I'm curious too about which course configuration is being run. The Northeast Corvair Council is running a track day on the East Course this upcoming Friday (May 14th)... so doesn't that interfer with running the long course?

Newbie at work...

------------------
    -dave
    8)
    http://www.nerdsracing.com

There is no test day friday for SCCA. The NESSCA site has the supps with the course layout.

Where is the best hotel/motel to go to?

We will likely stay at the track... it is suposed to be nice weather, for once!!!

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/...ner=accuweather

Raymond

Is there gas available at the track? If so, what hours? I am Race Group 1 and may need fuel for the qualifying session.

Jason

------------------
    Jason
    ITB 17 (NER SCCA)
    VW Scirocco

Is there gas available at the track? If so, what hours? I am Race Group 1 and may need fuel for the qualifying session.

Jason

------------------
    Jason
    ITB 17 (NER SCCA)
    VW Scirocco

Originally posted by itracer:

Jason

In past years a local CAM2 distributor comes in and sells race gas out of a tank truck. He parks up by the Union 76 (Sunoco now) sign, usually stays until around 2 pm both days. But I don't know specifically that he'll be there.

Jason;

I have about 8 gallons of 110 octane race fuel at my house in Boylston, MA. You are welcome to it as I don't think that I can make it to Pocono for this weekend. My next race will be LRP on 6/18 - 6/19, so I should be alright for then. FYI, there is a Sunoco station in downtown Worcester, MA, on Highland Street, near WPI, that sells 110 octane at his pumps!! He has a lot of "motorheads" that come specifically to his station from the area, so he keeps it on hand!

Let me know if I can help you out. Potentially, I could meet you at some spot near 290 / 495 or (Marlboro) or 290 / Mass Pike (Auburn) if that helps you out - of course dependant upon time of day, etc

you can reach me offline at [email protected] and then we can figure it out from there

later,

Tim Mullen

A little off topic but does go along with the Pocono double...

We (The RST Gang of Raymond, Stephen, Randy 15, and Tim Dugan) will be meeting up with friends in the Nascar Modified series to watch the NASCAR Modifieds and Late Models take to the dirt at Grandview Speedway in Bechtelsville, PA. The Show starts at about 7:30pm Saturday night (May 15th) and is about 1-1.5 hours from Pocono. If anyone would like to join us please let us know so that we can all travel together... should be one of those interesting "Blethen" adventures for those interested.

I am not much into circle track, but it's always good to see something different and its been a long long time since I saw dirt track racing live. If you have never been, it is certainly an experience you shouldn't go without.

Here is a link to the track for more information:
    http://www.grandviewspeedway.com/default.asp

Here is a link to the directions:
    http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.ad...EMSh4HOI%3d&2g= MaNtgdaGlzs%3d&2v=CITY&2pl=

E-mail us if you are interested;
    [email protected]

Raymond Blethen
    RST Performance Racing