Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LRP 05/08/04

Default LRP 05/08/04

Looks like a lot of folks will be showing up for this event. What's gonna happen with group 7, sm,ssm,ssb,ssc, a total of 46 cars?
    Group 8 is almost at the limit also, itb, its, with 37 cars. ITA and ITC is currently at 31 but I know of a few others that have not pre registered.
    http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...count.asp?ID=80

Ray

Say Ray, what was your best time in your old RX-7 (ITA Light)at NHIS. thanks dave.

The fastest time in my it?prod? RX-7 is 1;17;6. Ibelieve Ray went quicker in the prod version of his car. His it car time was a little slower.

Originally posted by dpc:
    Say Ray, what was your best time in your old RX-7 (ITA Light)at NHIS. thanks dave.
    The IT lite?prod?GT? 7 did a..... 1:17.2 at NHIS.
    Ray

For those of you who are intrested.
    http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/loc...herLocalDriving

Ray

Hmm....looks like 66deg and low humidity. Good day for FAST cars and great racing.

[This message has been edited by 7racing (edited May 04, 2004).]

Looks like possible rain. I hate those in between days! To use shaved tires or not? Rain could be fun though.

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

No rain --- trust me dave

Mounting rain tires now...

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

Hey Ray, I didn't see you on the ITB list?!? Not making the trip?

Yeah, LRP is only 1 hr from me...

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

High:61°F

Showers

Wind:From the East Southeast at 6 mph

Precip: 50 %

Max. Humidity: 46 %

UV Index: 7 High

If ya got rain tires, better bring 'um.
    Ray

It's just scattered showers. The three weather sites all say the same thing, with a less than 50% chance. Don't worry about it.

Current counts:

ITS: 20
    ITA: 29 (!!!)
    ITB: 18
    ITC: 4
    Total: 71

SM+SSM = 41

There are 230 total entries. IT is 31% of the total entries; SM/SSM is 18%. That means that IT and IT derivatives are almost 50% of the ENTIRE quantity of entered vehicles for this weekend (in only 3 of 8 groups...) Further, I suspect this does not include entries that were mailed in, as a buddy of mine is not listed.

Tell me that Improved Touring isn't where it's at...!

Reminding you of the NHIS traffic forum thread, can you imagine what qualifying and the race is going to be like with 20 ITS and 18 ITB cars on 1.5 miles of track at the same time? That's a car every 200 feet...

40 cars on track at a time I have been told. The ITS/ITB group currently has a 4 car waiting list.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...a 4 car waiting list.</font>
    Is that a first? I have never, ever, EVER in almost 20 years been denied entry into an SCCA event due to over-subscription of a class. Ever. In fact, one of the reasons I decided to come back to SCCA Club Racing was because I got tired of vying for entry into the various HPDE organizations that filled up on the first day.

This is a watershed event for us, and it's only going to get worse as the year progresses. I think this deserves some serious discussion on reorganization of groupings for LRP. I'd rather see some smaller groups combined - despite the potential for dissimilar speeds - than risk having to tell someone they cannot participate.

Is there any chance we could reorg the groups for this weekend to let more people participate? For example, here's the current grouping counts, based on the web info:

Group 1: 25
    Group 2: 33
    Group 3: 29
    Group 4: 13
    Group 5: 25
    Group 6: 17
    Group 7: 47
    Group 8: 38

Groups 7 and 8 are seriously heavy, while Group 4 and 6 are undersubscribed. How about we reorg the classes as follows:

- Move all FV (Group 6) into Group 4 (FA, FC, CFC, FM, FS, S2000, ASR, CSR, DSR) to make 30 total
    - Move the ITB cars from Group 8 (ITS) into the new Group 6
    - Move the SSC cars from Group 7 (SM and SSM) to Group 8 (ITS)
    - Move the SM cars out of Group 7 (SSM) into the new Group 6

The groupings when then look like this:

Group 1: 25
    Group 2: 33
    Group 3: 29
    Group 4: 30
    Group 5: 25
    Group 6: 36
    Group 7: 23
    Group 8: 26

It would give the room for extra ITS and ITB cars, plus any SM guys that get cut off could move enter as SSM (or vice versa) and allow those on the bubble to race.

(Frankly, I don't care if the SSM/SM guys all want to be together. The point here is not to let them all play together, it's to let EVERYONE play. I sincerely doubt they would want to turn anyone away just to prove a point...)

With the popularity of the IT and Spec Miata cars, splitting the most popular classes into multiple groups is inevitable...

Greg

Rumor has it... Their may be an Audi not listed on the on-line list attending... so bump the IT number up to 19.

It will be the slower Audi and IT WILL NOT BE THE OWNER DRIVING... PLEASE BE NICE!!!

I have to install a quaife next week on Tuesday and Wednesday before leaving Thursday for Pocono... That leaves no time for other repairs...

The driver says that he will only take the car for testing to check the Alternator Belt as we have had sooo many problems with that... but yeah I know the driver!!!

Please help me make sure it comes back as it was taken!!!

Raymond "A little nervouse with that many cars" Blethen

PS: So jelouse I wont be with all of you!!! Looks like it will be a great day of racing... Have fun and I will see you all at Pocono!!!

Greg-

I thought that FV and FA was a very bad combo, and doubted that anyone would consider putting them together... However, I looked at the results from last years Liberty Regional and was very suprised at what I found.

Looks to me like their would certainly be more traffic to wonder through for the faster Formula cars, but it was a lot closer than I expected... Their is a greater gap between several of the cars in the ITS/ITB field, and I think that if we can do it they also should be able to!!!

Lime Rock lap Times, Liberty Regional 2003-

FV Lap Times: 1:03's
    FF Lap Times: 56's
    FC Lap Times: 55's
    FA Lap Times: no cars

Raymond

Originally posted by grega:
    Is that a first?
    Greg
    No it is not a first. NER SCCA will make every attempt to let everyone who wants to come out and play, play.

The SOM's review the numbers on a regular basis, and I am quite confident that they are already developing plans to re-group.

Everyone should be prepared to be flexible on Saturday and you can expect some changes to the schedule.

Jason

------------------
    Jason
    ITB 17 (NER SCCA)
    VW Scirocco

Raymond,
    You may need to add 2 more ITB cars to the list. The rumor was that another 2 Audi's would be at Lime Rock for the school and the race. 2 Blue Audi's to be precise. This is a rumor though and I haven't heard definatley from the owners if they will be there or not.

------------------
    Sam Rolfe
    TBR Motorsports
    #85 ITC VW Rabbit
    #85 GP Scirocco

Double post (computer crashed)

[This message has been edited by itracer (edited May 06, 2004).]