Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LRP Results ???

What has made the ITC cars 1 second a lap faster than last year??? I don't understand at all how fully developed cars go 1 second faster... That is such a HUGE gain!!! While I am pleased, I would like to make these changes on my ITB car as well!!!

Raymond "please don't tell me the tire story again" Blethen

Originally posted by lateapex911:
    ...As a side note, Greg Amy, Dick P and I got together at the snack bar at lunch and showed the flaggers, grid folk, and all who wanted to see, the various H & N systems. I think reactions were very favorable...
    Thumbs up guys!

------------------
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Oh Raymond, please don't! It is going to be extremely hard as is next year. If you start going another second faster I'll never get to see you.

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

Thanks to all the drivers who supplied helmets for theworkers to see how the various devices work. It is good to know and Ihope I never need to use the knowledge.

Marianne

In the 8th race, was the field frozen at the time the leader spun in big bend? and #16 ultimately got the win?

what a great battle.. Would love to see an in car tape of that, especially the early laps where there were 3-5 cars diving into big bend with #16 out braking them all nearly every time.

Good show guys.

Originally posted by ulfelder:
    The first yellow I saw was waved frantically by a worker inside Big Bend - not farther uptrack, and not at the outpost, where it would have been visible earlier.
    Interesting Suggestion.

The outpost is PAST the flag station, but because of visability, you see it first....

I wrote:
    "The first yellow I saw was waved frantically by a worker inside Big Bend - not farther uptrack, and not at the outpost, where it would have been visible earlier."

I hope it's clear that I'm not criticizing workers. Judging from my video, a corner worker was waving a yellow no more than 3-4 seconds after Dave began to lose it -- a superhuman effort.

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    What has made the ITC cars 1 second a lap faster than last year??? I don't understand at all how fully developed cars go 1 second faster... That is such a HUGE gain!!! While I am pleased, I would like to make these changes on my ITB car as well!!!

Raymond "please don't tell me the tire story again" Blethen
    Easy enough. Dig deep into your pockets and drop some coin at a reputable performance shop instead of at your local junkyard.
    Ray
    PS- ....and do yourself a favor, buy the new sticky Hoosiers.

I dug deep... found and old recipt from when I had money... back when I could at least afford the junkyard

Raymond

And the junkyard ain't cheap! I just paid $60 for one silly VW wheel. But of course it only weighs 8 lbs.

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

Steve U,
    Glad to hear everyone is OK.
    You spoke like a true gentleman in your explanation of what happened.
    Having known you and raced with you for almost 10 years I know you would never intentionally endanger a fellow racer (or yourself for that matter) again glad everyone is OK and sorry to hear about all the cars damaged this weekend

Guys,
    Still looking for ITB from 3rd back to.... Wherever 67ITB finished. If it finished. Do I still have a car???

Race safe and see you all soon
    Thanks
    Matt Bal
    Ps I still think you Flat-out guys don’t like VW’s (Just Kidding)

Matt;

The order for ITB at Lime Rock this past weekend:
    Richard Gleason VW GTi 1:05.411
    Paul Curran Volvo 1:05.962
    Tim Mullen VW Golf 1:06.584
    Phil Hunt VW Golf 1:05.885
    Dave Austin BMW 3.20i 1:07.968
    Eli Garrett VW Sirocco 1:08.060
    Nat Wentworth Saab900 1:07.294
    Dave Zaslow VW GTi 1:08.712
    Charles Gerundo VW GTi 1:09.159
    Shawn Fohs VW GTi 1:11.113
    Stephanie Funk Opel Manta 1:10.214
    Steven Miller VW GTi 1:12.287
    Stephen Blethen Audi Coupe 1:12.074
    Mark Wagner MGB 1:14.161

Couple of notes:

Don't be fooled by Stephen Blethen's time - he was driving Ray's car (the red one) and they are having serious engine problems (can't get it to rev past 4500 rpms). Also, Dave Zaslow got pretty much totalled in Big Bend at the end of the race - I don't if we will be seeing the "Blue Igniter" again for awhile - if at all (he's also in the middle of building an A3 Golf). Jeff Lawton (driving Tommy Kelly's old yellow VW GTi) went for a serious ride in qualifying and was not able to start the race - he's pretty fast already in this new car for him. Good race, but lots of people off at various times!!

YOU Stay Lucky and get home soon!! Take care.

Tim Mullen

I was the 3rd car in the line going into turn 1 and you were still spinning when I first saw you. Unfortunatly that is a very fast spot, I was already commited to the inside by trying to make a late brake pass on the inside. As soon as I saw you lose it I diden't lift off the brake and continued to slow. With 3 guys fighting for a spot there is not much room there amd we all were already commited by the time the flag came out. I also have a Mazda (silver 80) and it gets quite loose under trail brakeing and I think that also happened to the green/white Mazda. He was outside, tried to slow and tighten his line to avoid you but lost the rear and slid into you.