Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NHIS Results ???

Future 'A' car? Righhhhttt
    Yeah, this coming from a guy that used to regularly whoop-ass on Hondas with his "uncompetitive" Mazda RX-7...

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Here is the contact, as captured by my video...</font>
    Hi, Dave. I'm assuming you're looking for some feedback, as evidenced by your re-post on the other thread. I wasn't gonna comment, mostly because I wanted someone else to step into the quicksand first, but I'll be the first to volunteer to endure the ensuing s**tstorm.

First, please note that the video is of extremely poor quality; and second, I do not have a good sound card on my notebook, so I listened to it "muted".

Summary: at best it appears to be a racing incident. Judging by your lines through the top of the hill, you were aware that Jeff's Rabbit was there and modified your line accordingly. You guys were apparently side-by-side throughout that whole run.

However, at worst it appears from what little I can see in that poor-quality video that you were possibly beginning to track out towards the left edge of the track exiting the right hand turn (10?) instead of pinching it in to accomodate a car on the outside. Assuming Jeff was still there then you may not have left him racing room (or were hoping he'd lose momentum in the marbles on the outside). Regardless of who initiated the contact (either you drifting out into him or he pushing you over to the inside) you can tell the moment you made contact because your yaw rate changed quickly and you began to rotate to the right "faster" (plus you can see the video angle jump up for a fraction of a second at about time mark 8.8s). Right after that the Rabbit popped into view and off she goes.

It also seems possible that Jeff was slightly "in front", because if he was door-to-door to you - or slightly behind you - there's no reasonable way I can think of that he would have spun across your nose. Even if you were the slightest bit in front of him when you touched, it seems it would have punted him to the outside of the turn, not tiddly-winked him across the front of your nose to the inside of the track. Put another way, your point of contact (with whatever body panel that was) was behind his center of gravity. You rotated him clockwise, not counterclockwise.

I'll reiterate this: I think it was a racing incident. I think you guys were duking it out, and I don't think that either of you intended to cause harm or foul. I'd suggest you call it even, learn from it, and look forward to the next event.

Disclaimer (like I really need this): I was not there, I did not see the incident, I'm only Monday-morning-quarterbacking based on info posted in this thread. My family heritage is in no way responsible for these opinions.

GregA, who's wondering if he shoulda just turned off the computer and gone to bed...

[This message has been edited by grega (edited April 30, 2004).]

I've seen a LOT of crappy incar clips and you've complained twice about the quality of his video in the same post, that is pretty weak. Not everyone out there is using DV cams.
    It plays, you can view it over and over if you need.

According to the last fastrak I read. If pcas are approved,your "un-competitive" nissan will move to ita.Correct? Dont start the my car is not a winner complaint when your beating the winner... The face of ita will change drastically next season. better re-build my IT7 car. Dan.