Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NHIS Results ???

Anthony-

Just a joke related to all the posts about needed new classes and what not... sorry, didn't want to offend you!!!

I agree with my brother and I think that you have a great handling, well set up car, also I think your driving skills match that car perfectly. You proved that at the ARRC last year, and you have proved it race after race in the Northeast. My comment was more the fact that NONE of the ITA cars have come close to you (except I think Blaney in his CRX) in the last couple years. You are clearly 2 seconds a lap faster than any other ITA car time and time again.

Good Job IMO

Raymond

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    Clarification on what was suppossed to be a wave off: The starter wanted a wave off because tow trucks and ambulances where still on the track in turn 4 and in 9 repositioning themselves while the lead ITS cars came down the front straight.

What I would have done: From my position I would not have gone since no one else was and the field was "not racing".

Stephen
    well at least I don't have to agree with both blethens in one thread (just kidding Stephen).
    your account of the start is the first I have heard of this. but the best part of this thread is what should the drivers do.
    I am still with Raymond and Jason. from a drivers perspective you can not pass under the yellow and you can not pass the pace car. other than that you are racing.
    dick

Originally posted by dickita15:
    well at least I don't have to agree with both blethens in one thread (just kidding Stephen).
    your account of the start is the first I have heard of this. but the best part of this thread is what should the drivers do.
    I am still with Raymond and Jason. from a drivers perspective you can not pass under the yellow and you can not pass the pace car. other than that you are racing.
    dick

I spoke to the cheif steward after the race because I wanted him to here what happened form a drivers perspective. He came back to me at the end of the day and let me know that he spoke to all parties (He didn't give any names, and shouldn't have) He said that it was basically a miss comunication and everyone would involved would make sure it never happens again. Yesterday I had the opportunity to speak to the starter and ask what really happened. Communication was the end result on what will be improved in the future.

I also agree that Raymond and Jason should have passed people but I wnat to make sure that everyone realizes you are taking a huge risk passing 25+cars if the other twentyfive are driving as if it was a wave off. Myself and several others had no idea of the comotion behind us. I guess this reminds us that we should always be checking our mirrors even 30 seconds after what we may think is a wave off. I am just happy only one car got hit out of the situation and not more. It could have been much worse.

Stephen

PS. The best part about people is we all have different views.. keeps life interesting.

Does anyone know if NE is going to post all of the results for NHIS race. Dick, how did Grant end up? Dave

Originally posted by dpc:
    Does anyone know if NE is going to post all of the results for NHIS race.
    yup. Just put them online http://www.ner.org/RR/

------------------
    Doug
    NER.org
    the16v.com
    briansgarage.com

Very nice, thanks for a great weekend. dave

Am I the only guy in the world that doesn't have the right stuff to run XLS files?

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Originally posted by lateapex911:
    Am I the only guy in the world that doesn't have the right stuff to run XLS files?

I'm in the same boat.

------------------
    Crazy Joe
    #7 ITS pilot

Originally posted by dominojd:

I'm in the same boat.

http://www.openoffice.org/

It's free and, compared to Microsoft products, small.

Originally posted by dpc:
    Dick, how did Grant end up? Dave
    7th overall 1st in ITA Lite

This should be corrected as soon as I get the Acrobat Creator sw

------------------
    Doug
    NER.org
    the16v.com
    briansgarage.com

Another option for viewing Excel files is to downloasd the Microsoft viewer tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Originally posted by 16v:
    Jeff won by 2laps ;-)

Tim K had a problem, I believe Fred won, with Mini Megliola taking second

The ITC race shaped up nicely and was fun to watch from the turn 3 after I parked the car. I had blown a head gasket at the end of the first qualifying session after polling the car. With help from Fred White, Lornezo Serra, Dave Brusso,Ken Schielke, Phil Gott, I was able to pull the head install a new gasket and make it out for the race. Held the lead for 5 laps with a couple of good looks from Chris Johnson in turn 3. The car spiked to 250 degrees before I got to turn one of the pace lap. I was hoping to make it half way and pick up a few point but it just didn't turn out to be my day - I finished with a DNF. Fred looked like he was having fun with Brian and Chris ran a good race. Hoping to get the motor back in shape for LRP but it appears that it could be terminal.
    Tim Klvana
    ITC #11

Tim, Sorry to hear of the mis-fortune, it was a good effort to get back on track
    Nice Job Chris BIG Johnson!
    See ya at LRP

Originally posted by BillW:
    Another option for viewing Excel files is to downloasd the Microsoft viewer tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149- 91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=en://http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en
    Thanks for the link BillW. Thats what we were looking for.
    Ray

In reading through this thread, I definately see that the IT drivers of NER are an interestingly enthusiastic bunch of racers. The mindset is very positive and a lot of good humor passes through the group. I have noticed the brothers, Blethen, and their Audis have continued to be the cars to watch in ITB. Good brotherly teamwork while remaining totally competitive with one another. Have you guys ever thought about contacting the news media about doing a story on the twin thing in auto racing? You would make interesting subjects to promote racing in NE. It would be fun to have you guys interviewed as well as your competitors. Just a thought for all you guys and gals out there.

: Tounge in cheek mode ON:

"The Brothers Blethen and the Awesome Audis".....

I guess this would fall under the mentality that any press is good press, eh?

: Tounge in cheek mode OFF:

Kidding, kidding!

Not only have the brothers provided some entertaining moments on the track, but they are poised to help the behind the scenes operations as well. Last night, we roped Raymond to help me Race Chair the Lime Rock National in June.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Originally posted by Dreamer:
    Have you guys ever thought about contacting the news media about doing a story on the twin thing in auto racing? You would make interesting subjects to promote racing in NE. It would be fun to have you guys interviewed as well as your competitors. Just a thought for all you guys and gals out there.
    Ohhhh god! Let's not go there. They already have a difficult time getting their helmets on.
    Ray

Dreamer-

While we love your comments about us, we do think that most people in the IT community here in the Northeast deserve as much credit as ourselves. They have IOO (In Our Opinion) had as much sucess as we have, we all are great racers together and for the most part really work as a a community to have fun together.

Our "Twin" Relationship certainly has worked well on the track, as we deffinatly work together for sucess, and we have very similar talents, although slightly different ways of showing it. If you are interested more or know of someone who is we certainly wouldn't mind any publicity for ourselves and the SCCA community.

Please e-mail us offline about your idea. We also would be glad to bring you as a guest to any SCCA event. (NHIS is 5 minutes from Laconia, have you eveer been?)

Raymond & Stephen Blethen
    [email protected]

[This message has been edited by RSTPerformance (edited April 24, 2004).]

Where is Dick when you need him?????? dave