Thread: Nelson Ledges new pavement

zracer22 Guest

Default Nelson Ledges new pavement

Looks like there will be a bunch of new lap recortds set this year at NL

http://www.steelcities-scca.org/newsitems/...ng-01-2004.html

Maybe 2.25 seconds a lap decrease...accross the board.

The carrossel will be the big speed improver; other pavement will help save parts.

Cheers

Now all they have to do is find some place to empty the outhouses and kill all the flys and you might actually have something.

I was there this weekend, they removed all my reference points The pavement is in excelent shape after the winter. Turn 1-2 and the carousel are unbelievably smooth. Entrance to the kink was never much of a concern for me.

Here is a link to a video of me going around the track. Some of the bouncing is due to the fact that I have no left front strut. If you can't get to the site I can email it to you ~1.5meg

http://home.neo.rr.com/nutterracing/img/OneLap.wmv

Nice Vid, Scott.

How about the lap time improvement predictions?

Well, I'm hoping that it helps out slow guys like me more than the front runners. They were already going like the dickens over the bumply stuff.

I'm not sure what the time improvements are going to be. You can definatly try different lines in the carousel. Probably the best indication will be the National results from 5/15.

Scott, nice video!

Thanks for all the help this weekend. Not many people would go out until 9:30 at nit eto find a brake rotor for someone they don't know.

BTW, my father talked to Garry and it sounds as if the rear end had some loose bolts, on the 7.

As for the line in the Carousel, it's definatly possible run a differnt one from everyone else. In school, by sunday, I had was able to make a move a couple of cars, down low, in the X 1/9.

Anyway, have fun and best of luck. If guys make it down this way, give us a call.

------------------
    hoop
    greensboro, nc
    Blue Fiat x1/9
    ITC #77
    Region 55

imbhooper: I just hope that when I am in a bind, someone will be there to help me out.

Drop me an email and let me know how yours and Gary's first races go. That way if I ever make it down to VIR, I can let you know I'm comming.

4 more weeks till my first race.