Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK - Who is getting ready to RACE?

Default OK - Who is getting ready to RACE?

Allright - Dale Jr. won the Daytona 500 which made me very happy (good omen for my season) I had a hugely fun party with a bunch of folks for the race, followed by folks drooling on my new ITS car, followed by me dropping it off for a trick new paint job, followed by setting up the enclosed trailer and new awning for the season.

Who in the NE is getting their stuff together for the first gig at NHIS in April???? Let's hear what is going down for 2004??? (SHOW SOME MUSCLE!)

Cheers!

------------------
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITS RX7
    BigSpeed Racing
    [email protected]
    NNJR

[This message has been edited by benspeed (edited February 16, 2004).]

Ben,

We are planning an assualt of epic proportions on the April event at NHIS. Testing on Thursday with the new Speed WC car, which is being picked up this coming weekend, and our new SSM Miata. We should have 3-4 people taking schools in our cars and then will have four ITS rx-7's and maybe a rental Rx-7 and a SSM in the race for Sunday.

------------------
    Nick Leverone
    04 ITS Mazda Rx-7
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

we still have a lot of work to do on all the Audi's as well as the AS Mustang, nevermind finishing making it possible to work in the garage. Looks like it will be crunch time for us if we make it in April... One of our crew members (Tim Dugan) also bought a 1986 G2 VW Golf (Rallycar), he might run the school but that depends on his finances...

Would lack of sidebars in the VW (only has "stump intrusion bars) prevent the car from running in a school? (Stump intrusion bar is a sidebar that runs against rocker pannel).

Raymond Blethen

------------------

RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com
    1st and 2nd 2003 ITB NARRC Championship
    1st and 6th 2003 ITB NERRC Championship
    3rd 2003 ITB ARRC Sprint Race
    4th 2003 ITB ARRC Endoro
    1st 2003 AS NERRC and NARRC Championships

I can't wait till April. My car will be ready. I got the parts, just need to put them in. Not sure if the new paint/decals will be ready for April or not. Might need to run the old colors with the new number and go that way for a little while.

Jeremy

The trio of Auto Technic BMWs will be back for 2004. Our first race will be at NHIS in April where we will proudly display our offseason updates. We just completed the break-in on our new M5 V8 motors, We are still working out the bugs of the new NOS system but we plan on having everything straigned out after our testing at Daytona.

Oh and I almost forgot our Bumper car style Bright Blue metallic paint and our triple stacker Freightliner complete with a crew of 6 German mechanics all in white suits.
    ITS will never be the same.
    -
    By the way, we had to hire a special accounting staff to track the checks send in by Stewart - he doesnt wan't to be passed by one RX-7 all year long.

AWESOME!!! Just what you guys needed - more power!!!

Can't wait for this year.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region #188967

Unfortunately, April seems like only a wish for me. Sold my Honda on Jan. 1, have a couple of thoughts about what to race next, but haven't found a shell priced reasonably enough to get started... Let's see, when do those E-Bay auctions end again?

-noam
    #18 ITA, formerly a red 1st gen. CRX Si, ? for '04

Well while you guys talk about racing, we have a goody for the rest of the workers.

We have a Fire School on that weekend, it will be held in one of the dirt lots, I hope some you drivers will come out and watch, or maybe even try your hand at putting out a fire?
    Now I need someone to help build the "burn and cut cage" If any of you have a generous heart give me a call, or call Neil.
    Goto my website for that info;
    http://www.thermalseminars.com
    and don't make fun of my websites pathetic design.

------------------
    Bambi's Friend and friend to all...
    Runner of lights and sirens, if they be flashin git outta my way! Cause I got no brakes like a F VEE

zracer22 Guest

I'll be racing in the Valentine 300 at VIR full course this weekend.

Looks like the season could be a repeat of the FlatOut/AutoTechnic dual with a few privateers thrown in (I'm looking to win a couple!)

Nick - that is quite the contigent going to NHIS. You guys in the same garage? If so I'll try to book one next to you. Andy - you sure are in the tops (other post!)We need to follow up on the spares package program.

I like the M5 V8, german engineering staff, NOS experts who will be supporting the AutoTechnic Freightliner! John's going into the season with some momentum after setting the track record at the Glen last October. I wonder if he outspent me during the winter months in prep! I had to hide the books from my accountant (wife )

How about the Turner guys? They coming out??

Cheers,

I suspect there will be a couple of fast Corrado's this year if they can keep motors in them. I haven't heard that Reilly isn't going to run, so expect him at some Limerock events. Remember he ran a 1:01:2 or something to qualify for the OMP race only having driven one other time last year. Hopefully John and Jared will be out in the BMW's and Fred Fox should be back in his BMW. Tisser looked fast at the end of the year, if he takes off that diffuser hanging off the back bumper maybe the thing will go down the straights faster, it looked like that thing created a lot of drag. Also a spoiler at LRP and Pocono maybe some one from NY in a 240SX, he might be the lap record holder at LRP in ITS also.

One thing is for sure it is not going to be boring in the ITS run group.

------------------
    Nick Leverone
    04 ITS Mazda Rx-7
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

ben
    i will be ready to run by the may lime rock race. i think i am right there with you in off season spending. hoping to run better than last year!!!!!!
    john costello

Hi guys - let's clear up one thing - my #11 ITS car has been in storage in CT since I took it off the trailer after the Glen in October. As for the contingent of German mechanics, well, that is true....Stukey owed me a favor so I called it in. Aside from the mechanics in white coats, I am still working on Swedish pit girls, but I may have 1-2 Russian pit girls ready for LRP. Whether the track officials let them parade around in red hot-pants with "AutoTechnic" across the ass is another story......
    I assume my car will be ready by the first NHIS race - but I dont know if I'll run or not. Will be at Limerock for sure. Looking forward to another great season w/ all of you.

The new Hoosier R3S04 is pretty SLICK.

Can't wait to see them under the Nissan.

C'mon April!

Jeremy

Nissan ?
    What car are you running ?
    Scott Haven crx 09 NER ITA

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...Who in the NE is getting their stuff together...</font>
    Last week I rolled my car off the trailer where it's sat since being loaded at the ARRC in Atlanta in November...does that count...?

Originally posted by p99ro:
    Nissan ?
    What car are you running ?
    Scott Haven crx 09 NER ITA
    I'm sure you'll be able to find out from the tail-lights! Bwahahahaha........

Get this - I drop off my new car to be painted with specific instructions - don't touch the wheel wells. What do I see when I go to pick up my car? Paint all over the JRZs and springs.

They have sworn to make it "surgically clean". I hope the chemicals don't hurt the shock seals. The overall job came out mucho trick though. It'll be an eye grabber on the track.

GregA - rolling it off the trailer is a good sign, but only counts if you don't have a garage.

Cheers,

------------------
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITS RX7
    BigSpeed Racing
    [email protected]
    NNJR

hi everyone

Smiles are on our faces as we started working on the Audi's today... Race-A-Rama, the sunshine, and the cancled ice race really got us in the mood!!!

Stephens car is looking good with all new panels, need to do some sanding and a little bondo work then it will be off to the body shop for some additional frame pulling and new paint. After that put in some suspension and we will be ready to go... no changes for the car other then playing with suspension a little.

As for my car I found a engine wire harness in the piles of crap that occupy half the garage so if all goes well we should be getting that fixed. Hopefully I will order a quaife next week, then I will need to installnew brake lines and a brake bias as well as new fuel lines, sway bars, and a panard bar, then both Audi's will be somewhat similar for this seasons battle (unlike last year where Stephen had a quaife and I did not). Hopefully we will be ready with those 2 Audi's in April at NHIS.

Dads Audi still has a lot of work (still at body shop compleatly gutted) so that wont be ready for a while.

As for dads mustang... still at bodyshop. Not expecting it back anytime soon.

Who else will be racing in ITB this year?

Raymond "can't wait to see everyone" Blethen
    www.rstperformance.com

------------------

RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com
    1st and 2nd 2003 ITB NARRC Championship
    1st and 6th 2003 ITB NERRC Championship
    3rd 2003 ITB ARRC Sprint Race
    4th 2003 ITB ARRC Endoro
    1st 2003 AS NERRC and NARRC Championships

Ray,
    I sold the black 944 I was running in ITS the last two years. Too expensive to run and not competitive to the RX7, BMW and 944S not matter HOW much money I poured into it. I picked up Tom Kelley's screaming yellow ITB GTi. Wow, I can't believe how cheap parts are!!! AND I can actually work on the car myself!!!

Looking forward to hopefully running mid pack instead of bringing up the rear!! Now I only have myself to blame!!

See ya at NHIS

------------------
    Jeff L
    #74 ITB GTi