Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: from ITS to Speed Touring?

Default from ITS to Speed Touring?

Rimpro had Levrone's car on display at World of Wheels today. On the windshield was a press release announcing that Nick will run a BMW in a few Speed events this summer.

congrats

------------------
    Doug
    the16v.com
    briansgarage.com

Shhhhhhh....

Here is the deal:

We will run a 3 race season in a E36 BMW. Three races allows Nick to retain 'Rookie' status for 2005 while our sponsor and my driving catch up for at LEAST a one car, full-season assault in somethiing RWD - probably an E46 325.

The events are the Double at LRP on Memorial Day and the following Mid-Ohio event.

You should see the car in the late Spring for some testing but we will be running the fleet of 7's in ITS as well.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region #188967
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Way to go guys!! Should I get my autograph now??

------------------
    Jeff L
    #17 944

I was carefully holding that press release (at the request of Nick and RimPRO), so imagine my surprise when I saw a laminated copy tucked under the wiper of Nick's car at World of Wheels!

It is great news for Nick - everybody reading this knows he can drive the wheels off anything.

It's also a classy move by RimPRO. These guys are grassroots all the way - they used to autocross with us out at Orange Airport - and as they grow the business, they are remaining loyal to Nick and FlatOut with some significant sponsorship. Hats off.

Steve U
    05 ITS
    FlatOut Motorsports

doh! I figured that since it was on the car it was public knowledge and I just missed a post during the holiday shuffle

Congrtas to Nick and the Flatout Guys. This is awsome. I can't wait to see the LRP race. Show them how it is done at LRP Nick.

I can't wait to watch Nick and the Flatout crew on SPEED! After watching live o'course-at least the LRP race. Nick - best of luck and don't let those guys use you for brakes.

Also - didn't Steve U. pickup a not hot rod to run in ITS?

Cheers,

Ben

Ben writes:
    --------
    Also - didn't Steve U. pickup a not hot rod to run in ITS?
    --------

That's a HOT rod, son! Yes, got me a nice new ride (RX-7, of course) and can't wait to get back out there.

/Steve U
    05 ITS
    FlatOut Motorsports

Yeah - if that's JH's old ride all I can say is - oh, sh*t lookout front runners!

Cheers,

Ben

Um, I wish. "Look out fellow mid-packers," maybe. Or "Look out Armco, I'm going to be going faster when I hit you."

And yes, it is the old JH sled.

Just curious, what was the reasoning for the switch from one RX to another? Is the new one just better in many ways?

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Yup - a really well developed car is cheaper in the long run than plowing tons of $$ into a current car. At least that's my srategy. I bought Kip's old car and was glad I did after the walk through with Kip and his crew chief. They did a stellar job setting up the car and making it more adjustable than I know what to do with. I plowed a ton of $$ into my car in parts, new motor, cooling, suspension etc. but I'm not a great mechanic. Sold it to another NE driver who is a really good wrench and that should allow him to improve his times.

Steve U. "not hot rod" typo dude - definitely meant hot rod. Although that does sound catchy for some of my past cars i.e my old 944.

Anybody know how to really put a data aquisition sysstem to work? I'm slowly figuring it out on my own but could use some pointers.

bp

Jake: In my case, the old car was just dandy - I could have driven it happily for a few more years (and maybe I should have). But we've wanted to do a rental for some time now, and I had the opportunity to get a slightly superior car at an attractive price ... so the old one is now for rent.

Ben: Good luck with the data acquisition. As far as I was concerned, my Pi Data system was a $4000 shift light. But that's me - to pull a line from American Graffiti, "What a waste of machinery!"

I might be leaning towards agreeing. I burned an hour last night evaluating the software. It seems pretty weak. I was hoping to see sample data indicating the brake and acceleration points indicated on the track map and corresponding times. That would be helpful, but the product doesn't seem to do it.

benspeed wrote:
    I bought Kip's old car and .....

--------------------------------------

Does this mean that Kip isn't coming back in 2004 with the same RX7?

RR Guest

Since this thread is turing ITS. May a put out a call, who is racing in ITS next year? Especially at NHIS?

FlatOut Motorsports will field 4 cars again:

04 Nick Leverone
    05 Steve Ulfelder
    06 Andy Bettencourt
    07 Steve Ostrovitz

All 2nd gen RX-7's.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region #188967
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

RR Guest

Flatout with 4, oh really, I thought Steve U's and Andy's car was for sale or sold. Figured you guys had enough... WHo is Benspeed, bought Kip's Beamer or RX7?

11 John Stewart
    25 Rob Driscolll
    52 Jeff Henderson

Looking forward to trying to run the entire NER schedule this year!

Who's BMW is Nick going to drive?

Aha, I will cleverly circle back to the original topic:

"RimPRO Inc. and FlatOut Motorsports announced today that RimPRO will sponsor FlatOut driver Nick Leverone in North America’s hottest road-racing series: Sports Car Club of America’s Speed World Challenge Touring Car Championship."

To read the rest of the press release, go to www.FlatOut-Motorsports.com.