Thread: Limerock Alignment

Default Limerock Alignment

Is there anything to this? LRP is a funny little track being almost all right turns. Is there much benefit of aligning the car differently? And how would you? I would assume a little more camber and ride height on the left - a little less on the right and maybe a bit of wedge? Thoughts?

We run very different settings right to left at LRP. You HAVE to get to a test day at every track you run at and determine the 'settings' for that venue.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

You mean that oval track in the NW of CT?

Um, yes, lots of guys run completely asymetrical setups, including 4 different springs, and shock, corner weight and alignment settings.

Testing can be very benificial. (Well they tell me it can...)

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

In a word, Yes. There will be different setups for LRP vs NHIS. Just on a basic level, a car setup for the left hand turns at NHIS (oval, 6, 9 and 11) will not turn right at it's optimum. Therefore, you have a bad setup for the constant right hand turns at LRP.

Jeremy

For those of us without an alignment machine and corner scales at LRP, would anyone care to suggest some settings? On my MR2 I currently run:
    2.5 deg negative camber all around
    0 toe front, slight toe in for the rear
    Stock caster. Equalized ride height and 50/50 corner weights with me in the car.

Jake,

You don't need an alignment machine...you need a pyrometer. Can you adjust your settings yourself via camber plates? If you can, you need to know what temps your car is running and why. Then you can adjust to optimum at all 4 corners. The only one who would be able to suggest settings for you is someone with the same car and they would have to know your spring rates to get close.

AB

Hey Jake, Try standing your RF tire up. And a little more Negative camber on the left front. Since this is what i have been told by the fast guys.It seems ta work. We have probably run together at some point,my ride is the Blue "C" Rabbit.....good luck and hope for a short winter!.... John

Jake Buddy pal. When are you putting your EMRA tapes on your sight. Got to see spinning SR2`s.
    Set the car up for australian stock car racing. Pos camber in front right,put all the weight in the right rear. Wait all your weight is in the rear Duh. Hey real nice job on the enduro.12th close but no cigar.Next year.
    Scott Haven CRX 09 ITA NER

Scott, sorry to break your heart - but there are no EMRA LRP tapes. I spent so much time bolting the car back together, getting my exhaust back on, tightening the alternator, cutting my fender away from the wheel, and trying to straighten out my suspension, I never had the chance to set up the camera. How was I supposed to know that I'd have my best race ever?

Originally posted by Jake:
    . How was I supposed to know that I'd have my best race ever?
    Because you were running EMRA!

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Originally posted by lateapex911:
    Because you were running EMRA!
    You kill me!
    Ray