Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well who won?

Default Well who won?

Well who won? How was the weather? What was the best IT race? Come on I need to know.
    Sitting home wishing I were there.

------------------
    Crazy Joe
    #7 ITS pilot

the ITS race was pretty close to a photo finish. Some great driving by the RX7 boys

------------------
    Doug
    the16v.com
    briansgarage.com

Joe,

ITS- Leverone, VanSteinburg, Driscoll

Somebody was wrong.

Wet weather to start race Henderson got the lead after Kip and I played ping pong off each others doors through the Left Hander with one of the AutoTechnis cars bashing my rear bumper. No ones fault it was very slick. Tisdale ( on Kumho full treads I think ) went by me, Kip and chased down Henderson more to come on this later. Driscoll got by me and caught Kip. 12 laps in the line started drying, I caught and passed Driscoll going into the left hander and started after Kip. A couple laps later Henderson and Tisdale get off in Big Bend trying to out brake eachother. I catch Kip pass him on the inside going into Big Bend only to get repassed becuase of lapped traffic in the uphill. On the last lap I get a good run off Big Bend and sneak under Kip going into the left hander to take the lead. Coming down the hill to take the checker I have to pass a Neon and Kip gets a run on me onto the front straight and Kip finishes only 3-4 feet behind me to my right. Driscoll ran the fastest lap by a bunch on the last lap with a 1:03:3, Kip had a 1:04:8 and I had a 1:05:2. Awesome race and a great way to finish the NARRC Championship run.

I'll let the other classes post their takes on their races.

------------------
    Nick Leverone
    04 ITS Mazda Rx-7
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

The ITC race was the best and my most difficult one of the season. Running with the "B" boys was a little bit of an unknown but I think we all got along pretty well. I was gridded 10th and got a good start - ran the outside rim of Big Bend and came out on top after qualifying 3rd. Had a pretty good early run - was told I had a 5 second lead - got busy with some "B" cars - Next thing I know Rick Gile, Jeff Leone and John VanDenburgh are climbing up my exhaust pipe about lap 9 or so. The race was very close from there on out, Leone and Gile swapped spots a few times and came to challenge me, a few laps from the end VanDenburgh takes a big run as well. It was a real dog fight and all these guys raced me very clean. Any one of them could have taken me out a number of times. We all charged to the finish line on the final and it comes out Klvana, Leone, Vandenburgh. Rick had the fast lap of the day with a 106.029, John with a 106.280, Jeff with a 106.185 and I had a 106.123. It was a great season running with this group highly competitive racers, thanks for a lot of fun.
    Edited9-27 at 11:55 pm

I just watched the film and Jeff did lead the first lap.

Tim Klvana

[This message has been edited by Tkczecheredflag (edited September 27, 2003).]

Yea ha. Thats was a Great ITC race.you boys were glued together. Everyone in the Tower was screaming. Good Show
    ITA was good. You know who won? Chase the red car. Shane won pole came in 2nd.
    Ray beat Wendal by a nose.
    I on the other hand did my best time in my New HONDA CRX si. That car is a blast For me 105.3 is flyin and the car has 2 seconds more in it. Tim Great Job. It was a good weekend .We could have had less rain. The track misting is the worst.. Slicks suck and not enough water for Wets. But we did have dry weather for the races. Congrat`s to all the winners and to anyone who gave it their all. Scott Haven 09 ITA NER CRX. YELLOW

Originally posted by Nick Leverone:
    Awesome race and a great way to finish the NARRC Championship run.

I'll let the other classes post their takes on their races.

So who ended up clinching the points battle?

------------------
    Crazy Joe
    #7 ITS pilot

I watched the ITB/C & A races from the top of the Dodge tower (great spot by the way), The ITC race was really a great race, and fun to watch.

ITA had a number of great battles from 3rd back, congrats to Ray, I didn't realize you got by at the end very close. I think Duncan drove a good race and that whole group racing for 5 through 8th really put on quite a show.

Scott, I thought you ran pretty smooth, send me an e-mail, I think there is more to be had.

I was really jealous being up in a spectator seat, instead of a driver seat. Great racing guys see you in the spring.

Kip ended up winning the points race for the NARRC by 6 I believe. I needed him to come in 5th or worse for me to win, not good odds for me.

------------------
    Nick Leverone
    04 ITS Mazda Rx-7

I can comment on the B and C race, the C race was very close with 2nd-4th swapping positions towards the end, very close and clean racing. The race to the checkered flag was tight to say the least 2nd-4th again were next to echother when they crossed the line. I must say it has got to be difficult to pass with these cars if you don't get it right and get bocked up a bit you can lose some positions, total monentum. In the B race Carlson was out front with the blue Blethen in chase the whole race, third through fifth was closer with Curran trying all race to get by the red Blethen, in the end Curran ended up getting passed by another yellow Volvo who I do not know. Another great race. Didn't stay to see the A race.

------------------
    Nick Leverone
    04 ITS Mazda Rx-7

The racing was great yesterday, the best races were the S & C races, Great job Nick on a close battle to the end, and Tim not enough words to say about you great race and congrats on the Narrc battle to the end, you really are my hero! We have come along way since the EMRA days! Jeff Leone you are a great competitor I can't wait for you to come over to A next year. The A race saw Gangi get a great start and find another intersting patch of grass I have never seen on the down hill, you make some real interesting in car videos!, Shane came second nice to see you back I hope you can run more races and Ray a third place finish, so I don't know how that made the points battle end. Thanks to all my fellow A competitors on great season! ( P.S. the #99 car will be either sold, retired, or crushed by my fellow NER competitors right after the ARRC.)Tom will use the scrap metal to rebuild his other knee with it! Plans for my new ride are under way,looks like it will be a long winter for me.

------------------
    Anthony Serra ITA 99

Nice photos as usual, Doug.

Wish I was there.

Interesting shot of the ITA start. Looks like they changed the name of the class to Improved Touring Acuras !

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited September 28, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited September 28, 2003).]

Hey Jake, Where were you? Everything OK?

Originally posted by raffaelli:
    Hey Jake, Where were you? Everything OK?
    Stuck in my shop. After the damage in NHIS, I had to replace the LF suspension, the fender and door, and straighten some other parts. So as it was pretty comprehensive (more, actually than I thought) , I decided that, as they couldn't match the old (mis-mixed) paint color, I might as well do some "while I'm here" items that have been on the back burner for awhile. Unfortunately, complications with critical tools (welder and paint guns), as well as late to arrive (MIA for a while) parts led to time slipping away.

In retrospect, it all took longer than I thought and that coupled with the complications spelled disaster. Very sorry to miss it...

If I only knew then what I know now....

But we still have Busch! And the ARRCs!

Who's up for lengthening the season?

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

I'd love to lengthen the season, but I've run out of engines! Boy was I having fun, though, chasing the back of the ITA race, and learning. I've gotten down into the 1:08's, and was losing about 0.6 seconds a lap - right until my engine seized.
    I didn't get a chance to say THANKS!!! to everyone at Camp Mazda - I really enjoyed your help and hospitality. I can't wait to show up with my car PREPARED next year, so I can spend more time helping others! Good luck, all, for the rest of the season.

------------------
    Dave Youngren
    NER ITA RX7 #61

Dave it was a good time racing with you and the other Dave (6 car) wish you were there at the end. I had lots of fun!! Let the hondas and the acuras do there thing up front ( wish I was up there) but we got some good racing going on in the back.As for lengthing the season where do I get thoses hossier snows?

Lou I
    NER #01 RX7

1st off What a great year it was for ITC there was more than 3 cars ever race and the competion was so close all year some of the best racing I have been in and We finshed it all off at the runoffs congrats to Tim for one hell of a race and holding all of us off for the intire race that was the hardest race I have every been in and the most exsiting race. and cograts to Ken for the great job as crew cheif for tim. I will be at the ARRC in november hope some of you guys can make it, if not we will see ya next year. Jeff Leone

------------------
    www.ctairtemp.com

Dave E-mail me.
    Scott Former RX7 09
    Now Girly mon Honda Driver

[email protected]

ITB-

Well Stephen started off good with the blue Audi and lead the first lap but an off course put Scott Carlson back at the point with the Volvo... They both checked out (30 second lead at the end of the race). I (the red Audi) had to deal with Paul Curran glued to my bumper the entire race... He was unable to get past as I was under the most stress I have ever had while racing... at lap 4 I think is when I said I can't do this... I took a deep breath and 21 laps later crossed the line with 1 Volvo next to me and the other glued still to my bumper!!!

I learned a lot this weekend as the team had very demanding goals for me... we wanted to finish 1st and 2nd in points for the NARRC season and all I needed to do was basicaly finish top 5... We did more prep work than ever before and it definatly paid off... I was also more concentrated than ever before and that paid off and most importantly I learned it can be much harder to be the hunted then the hunter untill you realize its probably just as bad for them, they can't pass you... just keep calm and relax.... you can do it!!!

Thank you to all the ITB racers for a wonderfull season... We can't wait till 2004 starts up!!! As the rumors flow it seams that next year we will have even more competition!!!

Raymond Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com
    AS 1st place 2003 NERRC/NARRC Championship
    ITB 1st place 2003 NERRC/NARRC Championship
    ITB 2nd place 2003 NARRC Championship

Where was SRS (Shine Racing Services) at the Runoffs... Were their any cars in any of the IT classes???

Raymond

Matt had his bachelor party on Friday night, so Eli and he were unable to make it....don't think the ITA car was rented.

As for me, wedding this Saturday....in the words of Old School

"You get one va**na for the rest of your life, real smart Frank, way to work it through"