Thread: Where to stay when at the Glen?

Default Where to stay when at the Glen?

Looking for something cheap and close to the track. Any experiences?

From personal experience, I can tell you the "Budget Inn" was no deal.....unless old hung tile ceilings, 70's vintage TVs, shag carpeting and cobbled together bathrooms are your idea of a great stay.

Common knowledge is that the Seneca Lodge is the cheap alternative. It has lot's of "character" and history.

The tracks site www.theglen.com has a listing under 'local information' or some similar heading.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited September 21, 2003).]

Try the Falls Motel in Montour Falls. (607) 535-7262. It's new and has plenty of trailer parking out front. If you tell them you're arriving late, they'll give you a room # & leave the room open. Continental breakfast too.

Is that the one that has the seperate "house" where you go check in; to get to the rooms, you drive up a hill? If that's the place, I've stayed there once. Very nice and reasonable. Only about 10 min. from the track.

Since we live 45 minutes from track don't have the lodging problem. Might try this location which is on route 14 on way to track. I do see cars trailers etc parked there on way to track. http://www.bestwestern.com/marshallmanorhorseheads also the Glen Motor Inn 607 535-2706. T Weaver

we usually stay at the glen motor inn. the owner runs an ite car. the staff and management are very accomodating(my spelling is horrible)

Try the "Relax Inn". Yeah, the name says it all. Cheap. But it has some great features. Close to the track, trailer parking, nice people that run it, across the street from a Mobil gas station and across the intersection from the Blue Ribbon Diner - open for both dinner & breakfast. The only real drawback is that it is not within walking distance of a bar.