Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Lemans @ NHIS

Do we have the ability to use the timing tower to display race position? Are we expected to keep track of the entire field from our pit space?

Maybe that is part of the 'skill' of an enduro team but as a rookie driver I can't see how you can keep track of 40 cars and their position relative to yours...

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Originally posted by ITSRX7:
    Do we have the ability to use the timing tower to display race position? Are we expected to keep track of the entire field from our pit space?

Maybe that is part of the 'skill' of an enduro team but as a rookie driver I can't see how you can keep track of 40 cars and their position relative to yours...

AB

Since we have the power of transponders and computers I'm sure if someone wanted to bring a labtop or computer timing and scoring would be willing to run an ethernet cable to pit lane! I know that at the last chance enduro at the glen they do this so the positions/seconds behind/fast lap/position are all posted and updated every lap! It was awsome and worked great. I would be willing to try and contact someone about this if it interests everyone. I just don't have the labtop

stephen

stephen
    would you be willing to contact denise patton directly to see if it can happen
    dick

Dick, does NER or NEDiv have any plans to invest in the new AMB system that broadcasts lap times over wireless to PDAs? I'd certainly be glad to add a few bucks to my entries to fund the system.

Greg

Dick-

I also would be willing to pay extra to have the capability to view lap times real time via the internet and/or wireless conections...

Raymond

PS: I will also tell stephen that he is to call denise!!!

Originally posted by grega:
    Dick, does NER or NEDiv have any plans to invest in the new AMB system that broadcasts lap times over wireless to PDAs? I'd certainly be glad to add a few bucks to my entries to fund the system.
    Greg
    as far as i know it is not on the radar yet.
    i only heard about it from a friend from sw div, if someone wants to do the reasearch on what is involved i will take it to the region.
    dick

How about MAX pit speed? Clocked by radar?

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Originally posted by ITSRX7:
    How about MAX pit speed? Clocked by radar?
    AB
    no set number therefore it defaults to safe and reasonable.

Under a 100mph ? Hey Dick you seem to have a good Idea about whats happening. ? This event do we have to have the fire person to have Helmut and fire gear?
    And can we request pits together to help each other out?
    Thanks Scott 09 ITA TEAM MAZDA MOTO

[quote]Originally posted by p99ro:
    >>Under a 100mph ?
    yes under 100. actually the problem is that it is subjective. if you startle a steward you are in trouble
    >>This event do we have to have the fire >>person to have Helmut and fire gear?
    no, you need a fire person but only people involved in the refueling need gear.
    >>And can we request pits together to help >>each other out?
    yes

dick

For the pit lane speed limit, if there are a lot of cars & people, I think you'll find that it can be pretty hairy at 30-35mph. Doesn't sound fast, but sure seems it when you've got cars coming & going & people running across. 35 seems like 200mph when you've either got your back to traffic while you change tires or are lying under the front of a car on stands to fix something. Be kind to the crew's, no Max Papis impressions please.

Most enduros get a results sheet every hour that is handed out for us poor folk w/o lap tops. Works pretty well.