I had a metal-to-metal in Group Three "back there".

An American Sedan Camaro driver was working his way from the back of the pack with a Mustang on his tail. He caught up to me at the Uphill while I was chasing an ITS BMW who was also chasing someone else. We all checked-up going into the Uphill; I glanced at my rear view and saw the Camaro back there, turned in, and then accelerated out. As I exited the turn - BANG!! - there was a Camaro between me and the Aarmco. Fortunately neither of us went off.

After the race I cooled down and bit and found the Driver's Advocate, and asked to have the competitor paged to the tower (I really didn't want to do a formal protest). With the Advocate and Chief Steward present we discussed our differences; I understood that he thought I saw him go outside of me and expected me to stay inside on track-out.

He apologized for the move, I apologized for indicating he was Number One, and we walked away with a handshake. It'll take some polish, a light prying, and some sandpaper to clean up the wheel rim but all's well.

On the plus side, I had good experiences with a couple of ITS BMWs and the T2 BMW. Good close driving with no one trying to push anyone off the track. Quarter given when necessary, doors shut when possible. Good, close racing.

GregA
Winner, Aug 9th SCCA Regional
ITS 4-cylinder front-wheel-drive class