The question makes perfect sense to me, 'slug. The problem becomes the precedent set and its longterm impact on the category. I'm not saying that I know the answer but it's a question that has to be asked if we have any chance of falling into the comp adjustment vortex.

Acutally, I think I *do* know the answer but when I proposed it, there was a lot of screaming and yelling about how "formulas won't work." In the last 2+ years, since I quit jousting at that windmill, I've only come to believe more firmly that the degree to which a formulaic weight-setting process "misses" some mythical form of true parity is far exceeded by other factors - budget, driver skill, and engineer ability.

A comprehensive review of ALL spec weights would be ideal but the ITAC's CURRENT APPLICATION of PCA's is at least an improvement over the paralysis of the past. Problem is, the PCA is a blunt instrument - it can only be applied to the "big misses" so a car like the Celica example is kind of stuck between policies.

K

Edit - "Skewered?" I hardly think, skewered. "Poked" perhaps, or "jabbed" but there was hardly any actual penetration of flesh.

[This message has been edited by Knestis (edited June 25, 2005).]