Ok, since Andy got skewered because of my comment, I feel the need to clarify. Im not talking about a "competition adjustment." I was just suggesting that several of the cars from one manufacturer seem to be classed either in the wrong class, or at such a high weight that they will never be raced by anyone other than a diehard fan who doesnt care about winning. How is that good for IT? Its not. The more cars that people feel they can run, the better. I would NEVER ask for an unfair advantage. I believe that would be akin to cheating and I have way too much self-esteem to stoop that low. What I WAS suggesting is that, when several cars have been reclassed from ITS into ITA that have the 130-140hp, 2400-2500lbs specs, why do the other cars that have been in ITA the whole time get to labor along at such a high weight? My best example is that the 86-88 Celica GTS is specced at 2680lbs at 135hp. The SOHC Neon is 132hp at 2450lbs and has better brakes to boot. The Sentra SE-R has 140hp at 2490lbs. Why is it unreasonable for someone to ask the question, "Hey, why isnt my Celica specced at 2450-2500lbs?" If you look at it from the perspective that NO ONE seems to have any idea how cars got classed at the weights they did, why dont we look at everything over again and make some changes that make sense? Not competition adjustments, just getting everything classed so that it makes sense. One car classed in ITA at 140hp and 2490lbs and another with the same basic layout at 135hp and 2680lbs? That does NOT make sense. I mean, I have definate likes and dislikes when it comes to marques of cars (dont like Honda, for example, so dont want to run one), so if Im going to spend the wad of cash required to procure a racecar, it had better damn well be something I at least like! My prefence for Toyota over Honda, for example, should not exclude me from being able to, with good driving and careful prep, run at the front of the group.....

Ok, so that probably came off a bit soapbox-ish. Sorry about that. I personally like the job that Andy and the other ITAC guys are doing and I got a bit annoyed when they were being given a hard time for making a helpful suggestion.