Bill – let’s not make this a gang up on AB thread. Back on topic: to Jake’s point, the NER does not make the MR2 look bad. I should probably take offense to that! I AM the MR2 field in NER and I usually can beat most RX7’s – this is not the case most places. Andy, it is interesting that you state that the RX7 should be an ITB car if it didn’t benefit a lot from IT improvements – ‘cuz the MR2 has very similar power and weight and has nearly no power gain from the IT stuff. (header does nothing, match porting loses power, etc.) I think I can get you real DYNO numbers from a cost-no-object 4AGE IT build if you would like. It is not impressive!

While I totally agree with Kirk and AB’s points about taking results for what they are, I would invite people who are interested to take a look at the MARRS series results:

http://www.wdcr-scca.org/results/index.htm

WDC is a large region with virtually no Integra’s, few CRX’s, and a few MR2’s. Take a look at Art Jaso and Peter Doane’s results. These are excellent drivers with highly prepped MR2’s. Both have been racing for many years and I know at least Peter has done pro racing as well.