Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt:
Actually Bill, you have guys like me who are tired of your posts. I am happy to discuss this stuff. The 'process' incorporated enough subjective factors that are debated and voted on by the ITAC, that a formula can not be produced. We use an estimate of HP in IT trim as the very foundation of our process, then target a power to weight and then add or subtract based on advantages and handicaps. If a formula was provided (there is none) everyone would be running their car through it and crying wolf. Not a good idea.

In the case of some cars where ACTUAL dyno numbers are know, we can make more accurate estimations. In the case of your (10th?) request of the ITAC, the REAL numbers we have at our disposal show us it reacts well enough to IT prep that it is much more an ITB car than an ITC car.

It isn't alone in that regard. The ITA RX-7 is the poster child for being 'more than what it is on paper'. At 108 stock hp, it should easily be an ITB car but the REAL dyno numbers show it's a tweener.

We HIDE NOTHING. There are just some things that WOULD NOT benefit the members if we tried to FORCE them into a formula.

If you can't understand that 'faster than the benchmark in ITC' is outside the ITC envelope, I can't help you.

AB

(Edit) Typed ITS RX-7 instead of ITA...

More double talk Andy. And where did the 'faster than the benchmark in ITC' phrase come from? First time I've seen it in this discussion. I thought we were talking about the performance parameters for a given class?

And who said anything about FORCING anything? From day one, I've supported using a published formula as a GUIDELINE.

And as far as these dyno numbers that you're basing decisions on, the comments on lap times, etc. pretty much hold true. Are the motors legal? Have you looked at the same motor on different dynos? Were the numbers corrected for atmospheric conditions? Etc. Etc.

You "HIDE NOTHING"? Hubberbucket!

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">There are just some things that WOULD NOT benefit the members if we tried to FORCE them into a formula.</font>

The arrogance of that statement is simply amazing. :roll:

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
SCCA 279608