Well, over the last 10 days or so Jeff Young and I have done a lot to the JH and it is actually looking like a race car! We got the engine in the car and, although there are a lot of details to attend to, Jeff commented that if we HAD to race it this Saturday we could race it - it'd be ugly with a lot of stuff undone, but it could drive.

Getting the motor in this car, while it looks simple, is actually hell. Not really putting it in, that works fine, it is hooking the steering rack up since the steering shaft threads through the number two header pipe with about 1/4 to spare. And, the top steering knucle only clears the head with about 1/8" to spare. I definitely need to use a stay rod on the engine so it doesn't move and bind up my steering.

Here are a few pics of the engine and the workers, and a couple of the engine in the car. Jeff is in yellow, I'm in blue with a PBR. I sure hope she'll run okay; there is still a lot to do - make the engine harness, driveshaft, brake setup, fuel tank in etc. but it is getting down to the last 50 hours or so!

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
White Jensen-Healey ITS
Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS
Email: "rlearp at gt40s.com"

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited June 13, 2005).]