Originally posted by Matt Rowe@Sep 13 2005, 10:12 AM
Yep, these cars are really easy to get below weight. Almost makes you wish PCA's were up and running so they could adjust us back into mid-pack ability considering the current performance envelope. (22 lbs/stock hp in ITA?)

I'm assuming you are just looking at cross weight distribution being 50/50 and not front/rear which is likely still heavily front biased. Either way, I would agree that trusting the track scales to judge corner weights might get you into trouble. I haven't seen Mid-Ohio's scale setup but unless they really keep on top of things it's very easy for something to get knocked out of aligment. It still won't change the total but the cross weights will be off.

In any case, congratualtions on getting through annual. Now the big question, have you gotten the car freed up and off the trailer yet?
[snapback]60067[/snapback]
Matt: Thanks for getting back to me.

Scales: The scales at the track are very permenantly mounted in the tech shed, but I don't know of anyone who has zeroed their own scales and then gone and checked their car on the Ohio Valley Region scales (they are not owned by the track). Also, the cross weights are 50/50. Front to rear is F63.5/R36.5.

And I put in a cage with cross bracing on the rear braces, two bars on the right side and three NASCAR bars on the left. 1.5" x .120.

As to getting the car off the trailer, my thoughts are 1) disassemble the differential/transmission, 2) disconnect/remove half shafts 3) take off the front air dam, and facia, get a tow truck with a long boom, pick up the front and pull the trailer out from under the car, put the front wheels on dollies and roll it into the garage. (Don't laugh ot #3, I'm just getting started with this and Mark Twain once said "Good judgement comes from experience. And where does experience come from? Experience comes from bad judgement") Chose one, not all, unless first one does not work!

Seriously, any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.