I have really been enjoying this site and have been learning as much as possible.

I have begun to work on an 83 Supra for ITS... but in all the websearches and reading I've done, I have yet to see even one MKII Supra.

For those not familiar with the car... it is a front engine, rear drive set-up with MacPherson struts up from and IRS rear.

The engine is a 2.8L inline 6 with factory 150 HP. The wheelbase is on the long site for IT as 103".

Any comments on this car?

One thing I have noted is that the factory weight is at 3960# on the door... I am allowed 2890 or 2980 (forget which)... but it seems impossible to get to that weight within the IT rules.

I want to have the experience of building a racecar with my son... but I ultimately would like to be competitive... or at least not repeatedly lapped (over time as I learn to drive of course).

... the reason I have this general feeling that the car should be in the ballpark, is that I had an 85' 300ZX and an 85' Supra, and both were comparable bone-stock... in fact, I prefered the less tail-happy Supra. As well, I see a lot of 240sx, 260z, 280x Nissans... so it seems they must be good.

Thanks for your time.
Matt