Thread: '93 Olda Achieva SCX

Default '93 Olda Achieva SCX

I'm going to try and be competitive with this car in the Southeast. It is an ex-Hacker car. The motor I believe has spun a bearing and needs to be replaced. I have seen guys that are very knowledgable about these cars (like John Hermann). I need some advice, I'm only familiar with Porsche's. The car has the best hp/weight ratio of all the ITS cars in stock configuration. Do I even have a chance?
    Andy Fox

I don't know a lot about the car, but I did help do an engine swap with a Quad 4 into a Fiero in the late 80s and the motor is quite good. I was just grunt labor but did get to fool with the motor some. It is pretty stout and will make some good horsepower. I would suspect in the neighborhood of 200+ fairly easily. There is a fellow in Durham, Jeff Creech, that can help with chip tuning the GM computer in that car for more power.

R

------------------
    Ron
    http://www.gt40s.com
    Lotus Turbo Esprit
    BMW E36 M3
    RF GT40 Replica
    Jensen-Healey

Try asking Tom Fowler at OPM. He drove the green achieva with Larry Stepp. The car know as 'kermit'. Todd Buras ran one in the southeast as well. He runs a spec miata now. I've been on the track with that car and it is stinking fast but they had breakage problems. CV joints and the like. And I think it was hard on brakes and tires as well.

But it was fast.

Tom

Of course you stand a chance!

Do it Andy! The Oldsmobiles are the best bang for the buck ITS car your going to find. Reliability is not too much of an issue if you use the proper replacement parts. I have two (Calais and Achieva) and have a blast running them both. Haven't been racing them much this year due to time and other commitments. I'm in Atlanta, so if you have questions feel free to ask!

------------------
    Rod Strub
    Alpharetta, GA