Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oddballs of the World Unite!

Originally posted by Knestis:
    ....and now there is a movement of sorts underway to get a lot of the proposed IT2 cars dropped to A - the Neon, Nissans, etc.

It's kind of a moot point now but maybe some of those remaining orphan cars can find homes.

K
    You know Kirk, if nothing else, the initiative was partly responsible for the attention given to IT classing inequities, so while it didn't go forward in it's complete and philosophical form, it isn't a "moot" point.

I do understand completely that the thrust was a formulaic one, and that aspect didn't make the transition, which is undeniably an issue, but the movement did have consequenses, even if they weren't as you desired.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Does a Dodge omni count?

Although just an aspiring ITS racer (slowly building '92 325is) I've been "tracking" for a few years now. I sold my '93 Audi 90S (FWD) for my present BMW and I condiser it a huge move up in the sports car spectrum. The 90 was pretty fun but I would consider other models to be "easier" to prepare. Mods for the 90S are few and far between (although I found and used about all of them other than BBK) and don't seem to be as effective as they are to the BMW. For instance- still a ton of body roll after eibach pro-kit & bilstiens, didn't find sway bars sold by anyone, I bought a chip just before the only tuner (Total Audi Perfomance) discontinued them, plus CV boots blow all the time!

Well after all that I say go for it! I think if you've got the time, the will-power, and the money to make something unique its makes for an enjoyable project. I just needed something a little easier to work with.