Originally posted by grega:
I also know where the number came from, and I *highly doubt* that person has left much on the table, if anything. He has the means, opportunity, and skills to do it properly to the limits, and he wouldn't have done the events he did (and to the distances he drove) with a half-assed engine rebuild.

Of course, he could be pulling our collective legs on the actual number, but regardless of the numerals the results speak for themselves. Incredibly successful, lots of opportunity, but in the end he still didn't beat the CRX, did he? Of course, more results will be availble in a few weeks...

Nope, George, I'm with Jake and Andy on this one: I'll bet a dollar to a donut there's not much more to be had from the ITA Integra engine.

P.S. Hey, why don't you and Carey take a vacation, come up here and stay with us, and see (or participate in) some Regionals in the Northeast? I honestly think your perspective will change...
Well, here is where I'm coming from.....

Lots of people say they have left nothing on the table, yet builders like Milledge, Sunbelt, and other similar truly professional shops seem to regularly get more than even excellent builders can get. Nobody, and I mean nobody seems to be able to evenc come close to Milledge's numbers for a 944.

So, what do you say that if that Integra engine wasn't build by someone like Milledge or Sunbelt we compare it to a top engine not built by Milledge?

Furthermore, let's go back to the 240SX example.... The single cam 240SX is nearly the same spec (look them up) as the 8v 944 and yet is in ITA at a weight lower than the 944 in ITS.

If the SOHC 240SX is an ITA car, so is the 8v 944, especially when you consider the 944S being in ITS.

As for a vacation, thanks for the offer Greg. We won't be able to this year (I'm changing jobs and we are hoping to go to Australia at the end of this year), but I'm already thinking about possible vacations next year and the northeast is a real possibility.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX
84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
http://www.nissport.com

[This message has been edited by Geo (edited March 15, 2004).]