Thread: Is it worth racing a Probe/MX6? (are they at all competative

Default Is it worth racing a Probe/MX6? (are they at all competative

I asked a similar question in the Mazda section but I wanted to see if I could get a little more feedback. Please excuse my "newbie" post.
    I buy slightly wrecked MX6's, fix them, and sell them so I have a couple of parts cars and know my way around them pretty well. I just started racing my 97 MX6 LS in Solo 2 and have been doing pretty good. I'm now thinking of preparing a MX6(93-97) V6 LS for club racing for next year. I'm pretty sure its classed for ITS. Would this car be competative or would it run 30th out of 30 99% of the time with comparable drivers? Its front wheel drive, 164 hp, and weighs about 2900 lb in factory trim. I don't expect to be leading the pack but do you think its worth the time and money to prepare a MX6?

------------------
    97 Mazda MX6 LS

With bushel baskets full of money for development, it might reach the point where it doesn't suck too badly...

Seriously - it is probably not going to be a competitive option on most tracks. Sorry.

Kirk

Back in the day we tried one of the 1.9 (i think) V6's in showroom stock. Popped several motors and gave up on it.

I agree with Kirk, there are easier avenues to pursue to be mid pack.