Thread: how bout something new....

Default how bout something new....

hmm..anyone tried to class the first boxter in S yet? (anyone tried to mortgage the house and class a boxter in S i should ask)
    what about some 911's? would seem anything with a base power level around but not much over 180-190 could be the BMW equalizer.

eh, its a bone to throw out there...have fun picking

[This message has been edited by airpiraterob (edited September 04, 2003).]

Mid-engined, 200 hp stock?? Whew, let's hope not. I think SCCA has a couple of times declined to class the last gen 300zx, so my hope is they understand the 325i was enough of a technology jump and ITS can't stand anymore.

Early 911s have been classed. I'm not a 911 guru; I can't tell you for certain which ones. This happened early this year. I suspect we may see some on track next.

Airpirate, you are king of the oddballs. Here's one for you: 1974-75 Jensen Healey. Light weight for class, and good hp/torque numbers stock. The Lotus 907 is a good race motor, with I be 160-180 hp easily obtainable in IT spec.

heh, got nothing better to do but think of what the unknown advantage might be...(ahem: unfair adv.)and then when i get a chance (raise), bust out my s---. jensen healy would be cool...and fun. I was even thinking about the 1.8 subie impreza believe it or not. the only one FWD that you could get with a manual. 110 hp and 110# tq. might be a suprise in IT(b?). Speaking of lotus, anyone thought about the NA esprit's? bulletproof motors! whats the maximum height (w/ inseam) that would fit in one? i hear its smaller inside than the europa....my knee wedged between the wheel and the door when i tried to wear one at 15! im fatter now.

[This message has been edited by airpiraterob (edited September 07, 2003).]

PEUGEOT 405 MI-16?

ohhh...a real touring car
    cant find hardly any information on the net much less parts for the car it seems.

but to backstep a bit and bypass the Porsche thoughts...has anyone tried to class the 93-96 FWD (not awd) impreza in IT? (up to 96 the AWD was an option. and in 96 only you could get a 2.2 (140hp!) with a 5-sp manual and FWD. i can't find anything anywhere on if it has or not, or if anyone has tried. im gonna go ahead and guess the 1.8 in B and 2.2 in A. these things can sound wicked

[This message has been edited by airpiraterob (edited September 08, 2003).]

Subaru's are notorious for having the engine hanging way out front which makes them suspect handlers. Maybe that's changed though.

Are there still any of those 405s still running in the US? I used to LOVE them. I'd ask about the Altima in the same breath, or the Infiniti G20.

I poked around to learn if the 2wd, 2.2 Impreza actually existed or not, when we were putting together the list of eligible cars for the IT2 concept - and determined that it didn't. I am wrong? Could someone point me to the specs so I can put it on the list?

K

i was looking for the same thing and it does exist! (yay)...
    -1995 they introduced it for the first time but only with an automatic.
    -1996 (the last year of the FWD for subies) it had a 5 speed....the only year. how many were made like that I don't know.
    -but for the 1.8 engine...from 93 to 96 you could get it with a 5 speed.

the weight balance is around 60/40 front to rear, and the factory weights are 2400 lbs to start with. (also MacPherson type suspension), could probably tinker with it the same as the VW's do. i dunno the balance of the Hondas but their engine hangs in front of the halfshafts "out there" as well. so mabye i was optimistic...the 1.8 subie in ITC perhaps...still hoping for B tho. can get mabye 140 hp out of it in trim. (and perhaps a good weight break for it?)

infinity G20?..heh heh. niice Nissan Primera BTCC look-alike car there. i think its a dressed up Sentra SE-R. it has that 140 horse SR20 bulletproof engine. ITA for that one? now if i can only get that Vodafone sponsorship for it.

Is the geo storm GSI or the isuzu stylus with the twincam 1.8 listed in IT?

Can't find them anywhere other than some older showroom stock classifications.

Originally posted by airpiraterob:
    infinity G20?..heh heh. niice Nissan Primera BTCC look-alike car there. i think its a dressed up Sentra SE-R. it has that 140 horse SR20 bulletproof engine. ITA for that one?
    I have considerable experience with both cars. The G20 is anything but a dressed up SE-R. They share the same engine and the rear suspension is similar, but that's about it. The front suspension on the G20 is wonderful. It's a much better handling car than the SE-R (I've owned both). If the G20 was classed at a decent weight it would be very competitive. The problem is it's a heavy car.

Now, if MT2 comes to pass, I think the G20 would be a great car for that class. I'd probably build one.

------------------
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com