This forum has been dead of late. Ok, after having finished my oddball ITS car this winter, making it through school and 1 race weekend, I've got the following I'd like to share. Anyone wants to add on, fire away. Would love to hear them.

1. Don't build it. Unless you love it. Because you are GOING to hate it.

2. If the car is a sports car, or "sporty" model, someone, somewhere, raced it. Find them. They will at least give you a start on spring rates, parts suppliers, etc.

3. Spend hours and hours and hours on the internet looking for speciality parts suppliers, shops, etc. I guarantee you almost all of the IT oddballs were raced at one time (if not in IT) and there IS race knowledge and even parts out there for them.

4. Use the race shop for race shop stuff you can't do (i.e. corner weighting, cage construction if you can't weld, etc), not the marque shop. Yeah, the guy can set up a Spica fuel injection for your Alfa, but can he build a cage?

5. But use the "marque" shop for mechanical stuff you can't/won't do. Yeah, the guy builds good cages, but can he really set up your Spica fuel injection on your Alfa?

6. Ebay! Ebay! Ebay! You'll find lots of used spares this way. Consider it your junkyard, for the IT oddball.

Anything else?