Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suzuki Swift GTi VIN info

We have Sam Moore do ours. He does a great job. Robert Bitterman, he also races a swift, redid one head for us. Both seemed to get about the same results, but Sam is cheaper so he has been getting out repeat buisness.

The first person we had build us a motor didn't do a good job with the rings and the car was spitting out a quart of oil every lap. But even that motor seemed good on power.

Stu at BSI would build you a great motor. He knows his stuff.

Hey Swift faithful- how is the season going? Are the cars staying reliable? I always drool over the spec line in the GCR, and am tempted to build one, but I keep hearing horror stories about weak suspensions and trans rebuilds. They sure look fast on paper!

(fat finger edit)

[This message has been edited by Dom Pirinchinci (edited June 02, 2003).]

My Swift is now ready for battle. I have just upgraded lots of stuff. This car will be a front running ITB car. It just may be one of the most developed ITB Swifts in the country. I am planning on racing it throughout the summer, however it could be forsale if anyone is interested, as I have other race cars and I am working on another venture (racing of course!).

Check it out at:
    http://www.geocities.com/mcnuttracing/suzuki001.html

[This message has been edited by racer-025 (edited June 05, 2003).]

After I installed a Sparco seat (lowered of course from stock) I have determined that the steering column shaft is now at the wrong angle. Lots of head height now, but the steering wheel is now too high. I have lowered the adjusment nuts on the column as far down as possible, but the angle and height of the steering wheel is still undesirable. If the column is lowered anymore, the u-joint at the rack may bind. Does anyone have a remedy and/or some suggestions to lower the column?