I didn't start off building an IT car, but as I've been modifying my 911 it still is ITS legal. Don't know where it will end. So far:

Stripped interior, removed sound deadener, fixed rust damage and painted. Used trunk spatter paint for interior. Looks pretty good.
Repaired and replaced all suspension mounts, added stiff torsion bars (22&28), koni shocks and sway bars(22's).
Repaired fuel injection system. gone through engine to determine any problems. Need to update cam chain tensioners.
Stripped any and all unecessary items due to paint job years ago.
Replaced all rubber in the car, brake lines, hoses, and bushings.
to make IT legal - Need safety equipment, cage, seat, fire system, window net and safety switch.
Currently have 16x6 wheels. I need legal 15x7 wheels. Fuchs or cookie cutters in case anyone has them.
Probably the only other engine mods planned are an MSD ignition and headers/muffler. I'd guess maybe 170 Hp with these mods.

The intent for this car was to make a weekend driver/track day car. When it hits the track it will be relatively stock, but should go around the corners pretty well due to the suspension. Anyone else doing this? Still not sure about IT, but the only difference from my original plan is a full cage vs. a roll bar. I know it won't run with the E30's. Is this a worthwhile IT project?