Thread: Cruise Control

Default Cruise Control

Can all parts of the cruise control come out? Or is it only legal to disconnect the cable to the TB?

Also, the rules state that "it is not intented that 2-piece manifolds be port matched"... this is unusual wording compared to the usual "shall" / "shall not"... so with the rather weak language here, does "not intented" still euqal "not allowed"?

Thanks,
    Matt

83 Supra for ITS is 2006

Remove everything that came with the cruise control. You may be left with the cruise control stalk, since often it is also the turn signal.

Not intended means, do not do it, the rule does not 'intend' to allow that.

[This message has been edited by apr67 (edited April 27, 2005).]

To specifically clarify, you can remove the cruise control only if it was an optional item. If it was standard on your car, and all cars were delivered with it, you can neither remove or modify it.

This is the same logic applied to other standard/optional items such as power steering, power windows, rear wiper motors, etc. - GA

Greg's right, but I'll emphasize the phrase '...and all cars were delivered with it...'. This is the key; if any 1983 Supras were delivered without CC, and you can document it, then you are free to remove yours.

------------------
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division

Any US-market Supras on the same spec line in the ITCS...

K

To make it even more clear, you're absolutely correct, Kirk.

I have, in the box in which I keep my GCR, RFA forms, protest forms, FasTracks, witness forms, etc. etc., a license application form. You can be a (regional) scrutineer today, Kirk.

Just sign right here...

------------------
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division

Oh, you don't want to go down THAT path. One of the very first ICSCC races that I worked, I was helping in the tech line: I pointed out a couple of obvious problems on a car, that turned out to belong to the then-president of the IRDC (one of the Conference member clubs). My brother made a stink about a leaking brake wheel cylinder on another car - a Formula Vee that apparently didn't belong to anyone important.

El Presidente got a pass, I got a talking too, and the Vee's brakes failed at the bottom of the hill into T3, where he blew the stop sign at the end of the run-off and almost squished the worker who was franticly waving it at the driver...

K