Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14/15 x 6 Wheels

A FIESTA (as opposed to a FESTIVA) uses a 4X108 pattern; a Honda pattern will not fit.

Cheers.

Originally posted by joeg:
    A FIESTA (as opposed to a FESTIVA) uses a 4X108 pattern; a Honda pattern will not fit.
    Thank you - I stand corrected.

Originally posted by Catch22:
    Actually Catch,I have no intention of changing my wheels we're fine like we are. My Rabbit buddy was the one complaining he couldn't find 15 x 6's.

But it is really strange that the people who tell me if a rule doesn't apply equally across the board, the rule shouldn't exist are now the same people telling me if I can't find wheels for my car to take advantage of the new rule, that's too bad. Funny how the worm turns when someone else is being used as the bait.

GRJ

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:

Here are several 14X6 wheels that are 4X100. Perfect for IT racing... they are cheap!
    4-100*9-100&rw=6[/URL]
    Stephen
    Thanks Stephen, I'll pass it on. Is that 4 x 100 a Rabbit bolt pattern? Edit: Sorry, that has been confirmed already. Your assistance has been appreciated.

As far as the Fiesta goes, as long as Hoosier or Toyo keep making 13 x 195/60's, I'll be fine.

GRJ

[This message has been edited by grjones1 (edited March 07, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by grjones1 (edited March 07, 2005).]

Originally posted by grjones1:
    But it is really strange that the people who tell me if a rule doesn't apply equally across the board, the rule shouldn't exist are now the same people telling me if I can't find wheels for my car to take advantage of the new rule, that's too bad. Funny how the worm turns when someone else is being used as the bait.
    Well, its hard to make all rules apply to everyone all the time, but in cases where performance enhancement is a factor it should at least be attempted.

In this case, its a convenience and cost thing, not a performance thing. An ITC car with 14x6 wheels isn't typically going to perform any better than it did on 13x6 wheels, and very often its going to perform worse with a heavier wheel/tire package and a larger diameter.
    BUT... Its great that the option is there. There are alot more 14 and 15" choices out there than there are 13" choices.

So in this case George, I think it is, and was always viewed as a convenience item. NOT a performance item.
    Theres a big difference between the two in my book.

------------------
    #22 ITC Honda Civic
    3rd Place 2004 ARRC
    1st Place 2004 ARRC Enduro
    www.motorpride.com/Catch22

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I can't find wheels for my car to take advantage of the new rule, that's too bad.</font>
    The facts are you can get wheels to take advantage of the new rule, You choose not too spend the money. I can get any wheel in any offset and width you could ever want. The rule can be applied equally it just cost different for cars of low popularity and nobody is at fault for your choice of what you want to drive.

Originally posted by Catch22:
    Well, its hard to make all rules apply to everyone all the time, but in cases where performance enhancement is a factor it should at least be attempted.
    You know, as much as it pains me I can't help but agree with both you and Joe on this one.

But it does seem to me that the new wheel rule does kind of fly in the face of the "we're headed for Production" and "we have to keep costs down" and "we have to have rules that apply equally across the board" arguments whenever someone (except for a select few) asks for a reasonable change. Anyway, my friend will have a source for his wheels and I'll keep my old Panasports and we'll do fine. Thanks again.

GRJ

Originally posted by joeg:

Cheers.
    most 4 lug audi's come with a 4x108 bolt pattern, another avenue to check for wheels.

I tried typing "4x108" into Google and it returns a good number of wheel suppliers for this bolt pattern... Apparently a pretty popular Ford bolt pattern...

Might be worth a try...

------------------
    Darin E. Jordan
    SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
    Renton, WA
    ITS '97 240SX

Originally posted by grjones1:
    Thanks Stephen, I'll pass it on. Is that 4 x 100 a Rabbit bolt pattern? Edit: Sorry, that has been confirmed already. Your assistance has been appreciated.

GRJ

No problem, that's what these forums are all about.... but then again most of the time we all just argue.

The 4 * 108 bolt pattern is the same as all the Audi 4000 quattros , plus the ITA audi coupe listed in the GCR plus all the 90 style Audis from the late 80's into the early 90's. Lot's and Lots of Audis have the 4 x 108 pattern! and yes so do tons of Fords including the Focus one of Fords newer more popular cars. These should be easy to find. go to the same link I sent before and you can search on discount tire direct for them. My computer won't let me access it today for some reason?

Stephen

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    Go to the same link I sent before and you can search on discount tire direct for them. My computer won't let me access it today for some reason?

Stephen
    I go it to work.... and boy now I do realize that the limiting to 6" does stink!

only 2 14" x 6" (4 x 108) But nothing in the 6.5" or 7" widths either.
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelsBySize.do?wd=14&bp=4-108*4-4.25&rw=6 ://http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...08*4-4.25&rw=6

and for the 15" x 6" only a steel wheel is available.
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelsBySize.do?wd=15&bp=4-108*4-4.25&rw=6 ://http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...08*4-4.25&rw=6

but if you go up to 6.5" you get 18 matches! yikes that does stink for anyone with the 4 x 108 pattern!
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelsBySize.do?wd=15&bp=4-108*4-4.25&rw =6.5://http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...*4-4.25&rw =6.5

well now I have given everyone data that will support or not support your argument.... Not sure if I should have done this since before this post I liked the current rule now I don't know what to think!

Stephen

[This message has been edited by RSTPerformance (edited March 09, 2005).]

Did you try PepBoys? I got a set of 14x6 4x100/4x108 (dual bolt pattern) for my BMW on order right now, they even have them in gunmetal finish $50 each (slight discount, I know the manager retail is $60) I don't know the brand, but who cares? They are cheap and reasonably light (13lbs I think)

[This message has been edited by eMKay (edited March 09, 2005).]

That's the deal with net shopping. The stuff you find (discount tire,tire rack) is not always all that a manufacture offers it is what those companies stock. If you find a wheel you like go to the manufacture site and inquire of them if they will custom drill. I have had very good luck with this in the past. I do suggest not telling them you want them for racing.(some get real shakey on this)

Hey RSTP, what offsets are available for the cheap rims that you run. I could use a set for my ITB mustang but I need a 3 inch offset and those look like front wheel drive rims.

Ron Sattele