Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 inch lap belts now legal ?

Originally posted by ShelbyRacer:
    I think all of our tolerance is being examined here...

Ain't nuthin' tolerant about Improved Touring.

Sorry, couldn't resist the alliteration.

GRJ (:

[This message has been edited by grjones1 (edited March 04, 2005).]

Originally posted by ddewhurst:
    Bryan & Matt, I could realy care less what the two of you use for your restraints. I use Simpson 3 inch Cam-lock seat belt/over the shoulder. Please look at the following words & tell me what width strap you would use when the word "approximately" is used.
    David

See, you assume too much here. I didn't mention what I use at all. I simply answered the question of the original poster.

It is legal- read the rule- PERIOD.

The rule says-
    2. A six or seven-point system consists of a three (3) inch seat belt or an FIA approved two (2) inch seat belt, etc.

The part in the middle to which you refer about seating position is only to recommend that you use the style of system for that position.

And I'll trump your "I don't care" etc BS with a NO ONE CARES what you use for a harness. No one cares what I use for a harness. Difference is, I never told you what I use, because IT'S IRRELEVANT.

Oh, and on the topic of tolerances, I hope you have personal tolerances that are as miscalculated as your mathematical ones. You certainly have provided quite a few people that I know with some humor. Man, I wish you could see the smile on my face right now. Just goes to prove that everyone is good for something, even if it's just to show cautionary example...

------------------
    Matt Green
    "Ain't nothin' improved about Improved Touring..."