Originally posted by apr67:
My point is, don't put down another class. We are all looking for the same thing. As much racing fun as we can get, for as little racing funds as we can spend.
I couldn't agree with that statement any more but when a class comes on-board, claiming to be the salvation of a club that didn't need saving, then I start to wonder about their motivation. When the same class starts dictating what the club MUST do in order to accomodate them, it becomes clear that the intention is to force out the "lesser and unimportant classes such as Production, Wings, GT, IT and every other class that needs to go in order to accomodate their cars. Since the club is about racing for EVERYONE, there is no good nor simple solution but banishing every car that isn't Spec Miata is downright foolhardy and stupid. Either that or they can start the MCCA (Miata Car Club of America) and let them crash their cars to wreckless abandon.

We all heard this when Spec Wrecker (RX7) was formulated but they didn't dictate their demands - rather they stated that the class would grow to epic proportions. While Spec Wrecker did grow, it was a short burst and their numbers have diminished to the point where they no longer warrant their own race group in the DC region.