Thread: 325 E46 legal for ITS?

Default 325 E46 legal for ITS?

There is a 2001 325i listed on Ebay with the claim, "This car is very fast and would be competive with little work in ITS (SCCA) and in BMW club events." I am still trying to get up to speed on the rules but based on my reading of the rules, this car can't run in ITS. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks, Greg

P.S. Listing is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting

Confirmed - this model is not classified in ITS.

Bob Hudson
    SIT
    Atlanta Region

Only the 1999 E46 323 has been classified. I bet a lot of people around here know the guy who ran the series that car was built for.

In addition to the not yet classified issue, (which could, or might not be a problem), be VERY carefull when considering a car prepped for another category than IT. Things like seam welded chassis, and rollcages that don't meet specs are VERY expensive to un do....

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

It's an interesting car. I wouldn't necessarily count on it ever becoming ITS legal however. It came with 15 more hp than the already overdog E36 and soon to be overdog (most likely) E46.

This car has NOT been discussed among the ITAC so I have zero inside info. I just own an E46 and know the 2001 made more power and had other changes. So.... smart money doesn't assume here.

------------------
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

I saw the same car - not legal in ITS. It could run in ITE but would not be competitive. It would be a blast as a DE car though.