Since you all started the topic on cheating and some had mentioned that some people might be in the grey area or that they might not know the rules clear enough.... what do youd o if you do have a question on legality?

This thread is a great place to start but what do you do when you get to the track and want a clarification on how those inspectors interpret the rules? I had specific questions when I went to the ARRC so the night BEFORE the event I went down to get my gear teched. I also brought my car to ask some questions.... this automatically made them think I was a cheater eventhough I was just double checking things before I even went on track. I was not given any answer on legality and I was told that coming to the tech inspectors the night before an event was not the right time to come. I asked when is the correct time to come and never got an answer. They told me when I get teched if I finish in the top 3 I will find out. Not the answer I was looking for! I know my car passed in my region but every region is different... I wanted to know what those inspectors felt the rules interpretation was BEFORE I raced. so I ask all of you....

DO any of you know when the correct time to go and ask the question is?

Stephen

PS I never made it to the Top 3 so I still have no idea. I will go back next year and again bring my car to tech ahead of time to have it looked over. since I am investing a huge amount of money to race I would hope they could give me some answers on how they interpret the rules.