Originally posted by lateapex911:
From my point of view, others in his class were staring at the rotors and if THEY couldn't handle the situation, then I have no business doing it.

And there you have the jist of it.

If competitors aren't willing to call out folks on obvious violations then they have no business complaining about it. People are people and they do what people do, this means that some people with ALWAYS either misunderstand the rules or just straight up cheat. It is, in club racing, the responsibility of the entrants to police each other, not the officials. Thats the way it should be IMVHO.

In short, if you want people held accountable for rules violations but are either too lazy or too chicken to pick up a pen, then you need to be pro racing.
Note: not aimed at Jake or anyone in particular. Kind of aimed at everyone in unparticular.

Sorry guys, I'm just sick of hearing people grumble that this person or that person is cheating and EVERY TIME I say "Well, go protest them." I get some excuse as to why they can't or won't do it. Then... at some point in the future the same person is bitching and moaning again.
I hate that.

I don't think anyone at the top of my class in my division is cheating. There is no reason to think they would be. Nobody has a dominant car and several of them have won the ARRC several times.
But if I DID think someone was cheating, especially that special someone who kicks everyone's butts all year but never shows up for the ARRC (not happening in my class, but it happens in others), I'd be all over it with a pen and paper.
Not because I'm a rules Nazi, but because thats how the system is designed to keep things in check. If nobody uses it (as imperfect as it is) things will definately go all to hell.

Scott, who says "Hell, if that guy's gonna run slotted rotors I will too." (get it?)

------------------
#22 ITC Honda Civic
3rd Place 2004 ARRC
1st Place 2004 ARRC Enduro