Originally posted by Catch22:
And why do the officials need to write an RFA for such a thing???

If the guy with slotted rotors finished 5th, and you finished 6th and want that spot... PROTEST IT!
It won't cost you a thing. Just point it out to a steward in impound and file the paperwork. DONE!

Again, this is amateur racing and part of that is the competitors policing themselves. The stewards CAN write an RFA, but if they don't there is certainly nothing stopping a competitor from pulling out a pen. Thats how the system works and its not perfect but it would work better if more people would use it.

You know, that guy probably STILL has slotted rotors on his car, and its the fault of all his competitors at the ARRC that saw it and ignored it.

I hear ya.....but...

The ARRCs are different. At that event I would prefer that the officials feel free to do some RFA writing. As it is, they pretty much (from what I can see) look only at the podium cars.

A few reasons for MY not protesting him:
- Not in my class. I know.... it doesn't matter...
- It DOES cost. A lot of time, and effort, and some money too, although that gets returned. But the time aspect is potentially quite large. I know, no excuse....
- The usual bad blood. From my point of view, others in his class were staring at the rotors and if THEY couldn't handle the situation, then I have no business doing it.

Sure I could write paper, but I think we, as a community need to share the load. I'll worry about my own class.....

But, at the ARRCs, I would prefer that the officials write up all obvious issues.

I am fully aware it's not their job, and I know they aren't experts on everything, but stuff like this is so easy, and should be nipped in the bud at this event, IMHO.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]