Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: E-36 Restrictor Plate/Andy Bettencourt

You've got legit gripes on the coatings and RR shocks. It is a shame that stuff got approved to begin with.

I know you know the situation and we all know that the top drivers are going to rise to the top no matter what but the issue is that some E36 drivers are publicly having issue with having to go to 10/10th in order to MAINTAIN their podium positions.

Boo hoo. EVERYONE else has had to do the same thing. IMHO, it isn't a negative to take the free lunch from a few to benefit many.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region, R188967
    ITA project SM
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

All else being equal a 56mm TB will flow a maximum of 87% of what a 60mm TB will flow. IF the TB was the limiting factor in how well that motor breathes then we should see a fair reduction in HP. If it wasn't, may not hurt at all. Might even help the low end torque more than it hurts the top end...time will tell.

Don't broadcast "2-42mm restrictors" , they have the same area as a single 59.4mm TB....shhhhhhh

Originally posted by kthomas:
    I'm not at all "po'ed" that I might have to "work and develop as hard as the rest of the field". I can handle that and usually do. I get po'ed when I have to redevelop to keep up with SCCA's rule changes. They've cost me way more money over the years than my competitors have.

Now, that was all somewhat tongue-in-cheek but my point is just because somebody is running a BMW and winning doesn't mean they haven't also earned it.

Understood, but....as Andy pointed out, this isn't about RR shocks or coatings, it is about class parity.

I agree whole heartedly that we all have a right to be PO'ed when management screws the pooch with dumb rules decisions, such as those you mentioned.

But....those of us who did the same development have a right to be PO'ed when a car is mis-classed, and we are now essentially second fiddle at best. The E36 is not the first overdog.

you are not the guy who was the intended recipient of that comment...but some of the posters here are clearly miffed that they will now have to dig deeper to stay up front.

I say, how lucky are they that they have a car that they CAN dig deep into and have a CHANCE at the front? I can point to lots of cars that were once potential winners, but due to misclassing, the ECU rule and further misclassing to "fix" the first misclassing, are now mid packers at best. (Your Z car is an example, although a weak example, as it's by no means midpack)Those are the guys who have a right to complain, as no matter how much they dig, the deal is up.

The E36 had it's day in the sun, and now it's time to play on the same field as the rest of the frontrunners. I fail to see how anyone who has a shred of integrity can come here and whine about that.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

No I didn't....

Quoted...
    SCA Pro has years of experience with the BMW I-6 in World Challenge and most recently in SSB with the Z4 (all pertaining to restrictor plates and equity). There is plenty of info to draw upon.

AB

Ed, When you write:

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">I thought it was said here that the CRB has lots of experience with BMW's and restrictor plates and knows the answer to your question.</font>

What are you saying? It was said here that they have the experience. I said it as you point out, it isn't secret. They do.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region, R188967
    ITA project SM
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

I gotta wonder if 56mm? will be effective....
    Been kinda quiet from the 325 guys.

David Spillman
    Z-car w/2-42mm air restrictors
    Moo-techless

Been quiet because like you we don't know yet. We've been dealt a hand that we have to play and you will have to pay to see our cards in the spring . I got my e36 because I like how they handle the strong engine was just an added bonus.
    Happy Holidays everyone!
    Dan

Originally posted by Quickshoe:

Don't broadcast "2-42mm restrictors" , they have the same area as a single 59.4mm TB....shhhhhhh
    Yes, but more frictional losses due to laminar flow issues

Sorry, but with as serious as the other threads have gotten, I had to come make some really insanely stupid comment here... (no, I'm not implying that my other comments aren't also insanely stupid).

------------------
    Matt Green
    "Ain't nothin' improved about Improved Touring..."