ANdy - I have heard for a while that for some reason you were on the warpath against us BMW's. THis makes little sense to me since you opted out of ITS to run your little Spex Maita. Maybe if Hendo or Rob or I had punted you at Limerock or NHIS, totaled your car, etc, I could understand.
But I dont get it? What do you give a sh*t about what the guys do at Roebling or Atlanta? Our AutoTechnic cars are all legal. Fast, yes, exspensive, yes, but illegal? No. Face facts ANdy, times change, cars change, technology changes. The BMW 2002tii used to be THE car for ITA. But it eventually lost ground to newer cars like the Hondas. I bet Anthony Serra's car was illegal too tight? He beat the SH*T OUT OF EVERYONE IN ITA, so it must have been. I mean, he ran 1:02's at Limerock. 5 years ago a good ITA time was 1:03-1:04. Why are these Hondas, liek Anthony's so fast now?? Why? 1) Driver skill, 2) Car development.

But I see you have led thaecharge and now you have helped spoil racing for all of us who chose, or could afford to choose, racing an E-36 BMW. Is that what you are upset about? WHy didnt you rail again Kip - he appears to race IT for a living, and seems to have a LOT of $$ to throw at plastic/lexan/fake wood trophies, but it never bothered you when none of the BMW's coul;d beat him. But now your beolved rotary powered cars (who's technology by the way is about 5-6 years senior to the E-36's) are getting beat, and you cant seem to handle it.
As for all your facts and figures, I'd really, really like to hear your real reason behind this - since this decision will clearly affect ITS next year. I have even heard Nick may sit out the season because he'll have no competition unless Kip builds his 944. Here's what I (and I'm sure the rest of the E-36 world) want answers on...

1) Why does the natural performance potential of the E-36 bother you so much?

2) WHy do you think the cars are SO dominant in the Northeast, when Nick and Kip ran faster laps than almost all of the E-36's on a consistent basis?

3) Kip and Nick drove 1:00 laps at LRP. Rob and Jeff got close but I dont recall them running that fast. The best I managed was a 1.01.7 or something. Nick and/or other Mazda RX-7's have the track records at LRP, NHIS, and Watkins Glen (long course)...HOW CAN YOU ARGUE THAT THE BMW E-36 is such a dominant car?

4) ITS was a little more of a 3 BMWs vs 1 RX-7 show this year due to the fact that Kip had chosen to do other things this season. The BMW's could barely catch Kip in '03 and we had trouble catching Nick in '04. Yeah they are both fast, but so is Rob, so is Jeff and so am I. None of us ever walked away from a race and never looked back. Explain why we need plates to slow us down?

5) IF you arent driving in ITS, WHY have you made this your sole mission in life?

6) What do you do for a living other than spend time like a geeky hall monitor on this web board? Perhaps if you applied yourself to your method of gainful employment with the same passion you apply here, you would yourself be able to afford an E-36 with Motec. The fact is you would probably still run mid-pack. My sense is that guys who like to cry and whine about what otehrs are doing dont have potential to win races.
So Andy, let me just say that the next time I run into you, I hope I'm driving (my E-36 HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!)