Originally posted by gsbaker:
This subject, at least within the SCCA, is screwed up beyond all recognition (Isn’t there an acronym for that
Yup, it's called FUBAR...

I won't quit racing with scca if they outlaw my ISSAC, but I certainly won't be happy about it.

At this point I've grown a bit tired of all the questioning, and second guessing on the part of some officials, and some of my fellow competitors. Normally this type of stuff doesn't bother me, but in this case I've got people making comments to my wife about the "supposed" ISSAC shortcomings. She of course doesn't understand all the ins and outs of head restraint systems. But it doesn't help matters when she is standing in impound, and sees that I'm the only driver climbing out with an ISSAC, and everybody else has the hans. Nor does it help matters when she hears random workers/officials making comments about the ISSAC requiring two points of release, vs one on the hans.

At any rate, if it does come to pass that the ISSAC is indeed outlawed, I will sell it and buy a hans device. I prefer the ISSAC for easy of use and comfort. As a practical matter, I don't believe there is much difference in the actual performance characteristics between the two, in the event of a crash. Yeah, I've seen the graphs, the studies, the internet arguments etc.

Wayne