Well, at least with the harnesses, there is a 3 year lead, which shouldn't catch anyone before theirs is up for replacement, so I'm OK with that.

I have an idea of a way around this Isaac issue, but I'll let Gregg Baker give it the okie dokie first.

The idea about training and stickers is a great one. I have run just such stickers ("Isaac Equipped") since I started wearing the Isaac, (a rule requiring such is currently being discussed) and this spring, we did a workers meeting at lunch (At Lime Rock) where we went over the various H&N restraints with them on and hooked up. Kathy Barnes, just off her term as Area 1 Director, happened to be there, called Topeka and flashed me the thumbs up indicating the approval of headquarters. She later indicated they were very supportive.

We plan another such a demonstration at an upcoming event at NHIS, to show a new batch of workers the ins and outs.

Finally, a comment that was made to me by a worker rang true. "Hey if I can't find it (the release) right away, I pull out this" And he showed me his knife that slides between you and your straps...then poof! No straps! So, in the event of difficulty, the Isaac is out in a slice anyway....

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited June 23, 2004).]