Originally posted by Banzai240:
Guys... I just ordered a new set of harnesses (literelly JUST ordered them) from RacerWholesale... 6-point G-Force with the standard latches for $64.00... You can't tell me that $32.00 a year is going to make or brake your racing budget...
[Hmm.. Darin, that might be the first post of yours that bothers me. I had the same strange feeling inside that I did when, years ago, my boss's boss returned my United Way pledge card because he didn't feel I was donating enough...]

For ease of driver changes, we prefer the camlock version which is $115. And no, $57.50 a year is not going to break my racing budget. That isn't the point. The problem is with the SCCA forcing us to spend money to replace perfectly good equipment.

I really do have doubts about the competence of any governing body that could believe that exposing an incredibly oversized seat belt to the elements for more than 2 years would result in a significantly larger decrease in driver saftey than using and washing a driver's suit for 10 to 15 years would; or racing on 20 year old suspension parts; or ....

------------------
-Scott Gallimore
-ITC #88 Pulsar