How many cars out there run at their minimum weight?

My Jensen is speced to weigh at 2240lbs (don't quote me, might be 2280, haven't weighed mine yet). But, the street car, in full street trim with EVERYTHING is weighing in at 2225 lbs with one I have seen. Now, I ditched the stock heavy seats and some other stuff and figured I got down to maybe 2125lbs. I'm adding in a cage and a lot of other stuff (Fire system, harnesses, accusump, etc) and I imagine that I will be quite a bit over the minimum weight with driver.

Some cars are classed near their stock curb weights, and others are not. I don't know a lot of cars in IT since I haven't owned them but as a former BMW E36 owner those came in around 3150lbs-3300lbs in street trim and sometimes more with lots of lux items. However, it races at 2800lbs (not exact, I don't have the chart), but a good 350 to 400lbs from the street trim weight, and, the car will weigh less since the race weight includes driver. So, maybe 10% less than street trim.

I'd love to race at 2000lb, or an appreciable fraction less than the street trim weight. Are weights figured from looking at what can come off the car and going that route?

Thanks,
Ron

------------------
Ron
http://www.gt40s.com
Lotus Turbo Esprit
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey: IT prep progressing!