Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can cars with 14" wheels now use 13" wheels?

Originally posted by Jake:
    Here's the full text. The uppercase "UP TO" was added in the Jan Fasttrack.

17.1.4.D.7.a.1 Cars originally equipped with twelve (12) inch wheels may fit thirteen (13) inch wheels. Cars originally equipped with metric 365 wheels may fit fourteen (14) inch wheels, and cars originally equipped with metric 390 wheels may fit fifteen (15) inch wheels. The above-mentioned cars as well as those cars originally equipped with thirteen (13) inch or fourteen (14) inch wheels may fit UP TO fifteen (15) inch wheels. All other cars shall retain the wheel diameter fitted as original equipment for their make, model, and type. Knockoff/quickchange type wheels are prohibited. Wheels must be made of metal.
    Guys -
    You are all ignoring the sentence, "All other cars shall retain the wheel diameter fitted as original equipment for their make, model, and type."... so only cars originally equipped with 13 or 14 inch rims can change ...

Bob

[This message has been edited by rbt510 (edited December 06, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by rbt510 (edited December 06, 2004).]

I disagree Bob. Those with 12's, 13's, 14's, 365's and 390's can change, not just the 13 and 14 crowd.

Originally posted by Quickshoe:
    I disagree Bob. Those with 12's, 13's, 14's, 365's and 390's can change, not just the 13 and 14 crowd.
    Agreed, but I was addressing the discussions about cars with 15's or 16's going down in size, which is disallowed by the other part of the rule.