Originally posted by GregAmy:
...this change within IT will affect them for BMWCCA racing as well. To which, of course, I reply, "sorry!"
What if the rules were so different between NASA and SCCA Spec Miata classes the builders/drivers had to choose between one series or the other? Would the SCCA then be concerned about losing large numbers to another organization?

Granted, I know that the BMW situation is very different. The interest of all ITS entrants is more important than a few BMW entrants.

If I was an E36 ITS racer I would now be faced with the decision to build it for one series or the other. I'm not into sinking that kind of effort into a car to race for second. In this case, the SCCA ITS would be the easier, less costly transition, and I will probably continue to be competitive. However, if it proves to be too large of a burden to overcome, then I go JP or sell the car to someone content with second being the best possible result.

Note: The BMWCCA JP minimum weight for the e36 325 is what, 2646# w/driver? The ECU, port matching and .5 pt compression boost must really make the ITS cars a little stronger under the hood to overcome the brakes, downforce and weight.